A few levo questions

Rp311

Patreon
May 30, 2019
South Carolina, US
I picked up my levo comp Friday. A few questions.
1. Why does the sram shifter only allow me to shift up one gear at a time (to a larger rear cog)?
2. My lbs builder told me that the remote for levo on the bars was super long and that’s why he curled it around the dropper cable, is that right?
3.I had ordered invisiframe but it looks like it already has some protectors on it, did my LBS do that or is coming from Spec. Like that?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying this forum.
85F94AF5-2A41-417A-BF15-1DDE91184CBB.jpeg
5ED31740-0B31-45A5-89B9-6BFF4223249B.jpeg
FEEC22D6-5385-4B97-BCDA-9AA44568D0AE.jpeg
85F94AF5-2A41-417A-BF15-1DDE91184CBB.jpeg
5ED31740-0B31-45A5-89B9-6BFF4223249B.jpeg
FEEC22D6-5385-4B97-BCDA-9AA44568D0AE.jpeg

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
I have the same bike! I love it.
So here's my answers:
1.)The single shift thing is a result of the torque of the ebike's. It's by design. They dont want us snapping the chain under load with multiple gear shifts.
2.) My builder had no issue with the remote wire. Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.48.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.48.25 AM.png

I installed invisiframe myself. I was too late in the chainstay area, I have countless chips over there, and the invisiframe kit didn't even have the stickers for those areas in any case:
I ended up improvising some spare stickers from the invisiframe kit to at least cover the lower chainstay after some damage had already been done. ;
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.55.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.56.05 AM.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Same bike..….normal dropper cable run....cant believe yours will actually work, the cable must have a load more resistance being curled like that+ it looks ugly! Yes there are one or two pieces of frame protection as standard. I added more! As other have said, multiple gear changes on an E Bike are not a good idea so 1 click=1 gear.

Rp311

Patreon
May 30, 2019
South Carolina, US
Same bike..….normal dropper cable run....cant believe yours will actually work, the cable must have a load more resistance being curled like that+ it looks ugly! Yes there are one or two pieces of frame protection as standard. I added more! As other have said, multiple gear changes on an E Bike are not a good idea so 1 click=1 gear.
Agree that it looks ugly, can’t figure out why he curled a cord around dropper cable. Makes sense about the shifter. I owned a levo hardtail for a few months before I bought this bike and it had a standard sram shifter.

Rp311

Patreon
May 30, 2019
South Carolina, US
Guessing its the first Levo they have built up?
Probably. 2019 with the remote. I bought a 16 levo hardtail that was perfect from them. I’ll take it up there this week and have them fix unless it’s simple and I can do myself.

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
The levo remote requires a Torx T7 tool to loosen (which you probably don't have), and then you can only slide it off the bars... but there is a much easier way to fix:

1. Unfasten the dropper post lever bracket from bars (brake lever clamp).
2. Unwind the dropper cable from the coiled cable of levo remote.
3. Reattach dropper post lever to bars (brake lever clamp).
4. Untwist/straighten levo remote cable and tidy path by securing to dropper post cable. Try to shift the twisted section towards frame by twisting more as you push cable into the frame.

Rp311

Patreon
May 30, 2019
South Carolina, US
The levo remote requires a Torx T7 tool to loosen (which you probably don't have), and then you can only slide it off the bars... but there is a much easier way to fix:

1. Unfasten the dropper post lever bracket from bars (brake lever clamp).
2. Unwind the dropper cable from the coiled cable of levo remote.
3. Reattach dropper post lever to bars (brake lever clamp).
4. Untwist/straighten levo remote cable and tidy path by securing to dropper post cable. Try to shift the twisted section towards frame by twisting more as you push cable into the frame.
So you would recommend doing it this way even if I have T7? Also, thanks for your help.

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
No.

The brake lever clamp is hinged, undo the bolt on top to remove (with dropper attached). The grip has 1 bolt securing it, loosen that and the grip slides off easy. The levo remote has a small hole, insert a 2mm or 5/64 hex key and loosen the screw a bit and it slides off easily too. With the levo remote removed it will be far easier to unwind and straighten out the cable. The cable slides in and out of frame with ease.

When reassembling, consider where you want the remote buttons. I put mine between brake clamp and grip with the walk button underneath the bar because I wanted the +/- buttons to be in easy reach of my thumb. Experiment and see what you prefer -- the hinged clamp of brake lever makes it easy to swap the order.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles