3 flashing red lights

eboy

Apr 10, 2019
Syracuse
On a 2018 Levo: The other day I rode the bike in the snow. I took the cold bike out of my garage which is at maybe 40 degrees F. Rode fine. Came back in and tried to charge and one of 3 things happened. #1. Plugged in charger when bike was still on, not sure though. #2. Tried to charge bike when temperature in garage was down to 32 degrees F (left garage door open while riding). #3. Rode in powder and maybe some snow got in.

Either way the 3 flashing red lights came on and the bike/motor wouldn't work. Wouldn't take a charge either. I brought bike in house and next morning bike fired up normally with about 50% left on display (all green lights). Then I charged it to 100% and again all green lights. Bike rode fine. Mission Control says 25 cycles, battery healthy...

Anyone have a theory what happened? Going forward I'm keeping bike in house and charging in the house... THX!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I dont know what protection software is built in as part of the bms but the fact it did not want charge suggests the battery cells were too cold.

eboy

Apr 10, 2019
Syracuse
Thanks that's a viable theory! I wonder - the manual says don't plug charger in when motor is on. Why? Can that harm the battery?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles