Levo Gen 2 Flashing Blue/Red lights.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Had flashing Blue/Red lights on my bike, this is the second time this has happened, both times it was after a downhill cruise through the woods, got to the flat and found the bike hard to ride, had lost all power, turned off and then back on and all was fine, however it did not record the rest of my ride even though I reset my mission control to 'carry on with ride' any ideas?
Cheers.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Which leds are flashing which colours? (For example power led 1 flashes red with led 3 flashes blue)

This may help to start with, most likely is a faulty/loose cable
Turbo-Battery-TCU-errors-indicators.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
"cruising downhill" you were presumably freewheeling which means no power being drawn from the battery. It is typical of an intermittent or high resistance disconnection in an electrical circuit not to be apparent when current is flowing ( possibly arching across) but will show up when the current flow is switched off. The most likely source of your problem is a faulty battery to motor cable...especially if it has not been initially fitted or subsequently upgraded to the modified Version 3 cable. The damage to the cable is typically at the motor plug end where often the cap is split. Another possible culprit is the rosenberger plug connection to the battery....check the pins and clean.

Your "ride" was terminated since the bike lost all power.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Bike booked in for it's first service and new cable is being ordered, thanks for all your help.

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
I have been getting an error occasionally. I think in total, 3 or 4 times. The fix for me is to pop the charge port open so the power is disconnected for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. It has never occurred twice in one ride. During the last ride, I was using my Garmin Edge 830, and I saw an error code pop up briefly, E-114. Dunno what that means. I am on my second motor, so it had happened 2 or 3 times on my original motor and a once on my new motor. (Repost here because it looks more recent than the other thread.)

Based on this thread I will clean my battery/charge connectors, and inquire about the newer cable. The motor was replace fall 2021. You'd think they would have replaced the cable based on the error history. 🫤

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have been getting an error occasionally. I think in total, 3 or 4 times. The fix for me is to pop the charge port open so the power is disconnected for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. It has never occurred twice in one ride. During the last ride, I was using my Garmin Edge 830, and I saw an error code pop up briefly, E-114. Dunno what that means. I am on my second motor, so it had happened 2 or 3 times on my original motor and a once on my new motor. (Repost here because it looks more recent than the other thread.)

Based on this thread I will clean my battery/charge connectors, and inquire about the newer cable. The motor was replace fall 2021. You'd think they would have replaced the cable based on the error history. 🫤
It o 10 minutes to remove the non drive side crank and motor cover to do a proper inspection of the battery to motor cable.........and if it is indeed damaged ( cracked motor end plug or cable outer not sealed at the motor end plug) it is repairable. You can also quickly see if it is the V2 or V3 cable. If it is the V2 then it needs to be replaced.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles