Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
Your local retailer should be able to order you one. Mine should be here Tuesday in advance of the launch. My only concern is the color. The Carbon Comps come in Poo Brown, I think they call it Doppio, and Blaze. I wish Blaze was Orange. It’s more of a Salmon color from what I remember. Again, for people still asking about details, they have 50nm and are supposed to be quieter. The one thing that I have not seen is the actual geo. It’s supposed to be very similar to the Stumpjumper Evo which means it’s very much like the Gen 3 Levo. It’s a mullet. It still has the same size battery as the old bike. The Spec on the comp is exactly the same as the Levo which is decent.
I really like Specialized choice with colors on the SL. Cast berry and Cast battleship look great! A salmonish color sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
There are a couple of interesting things about the old motor. 1) it’s among the most reliable e-bike motor that’s been sold in the last couple of years. You really do not see many failures. It’s really rare. 2) it wasn’t that noisy to begin with. Actually, it’s quieter than the Shimano EP8 but unfortunately the pitch of the whine that the motor makes is unpleasant to many people.

For sure the 1.2 will be a lot better in every respect. They’ve had an unprecedented amount of time testing it.

Personally, I’m really excited to ride the new chassis. I’ve had the Orbea Rise and the Fuel EXe and I didn’t like either of them as much as the original SL. If the new SL is anything like the latest Stumpjumper it’s going to be a lot of fun to ride.

Also what was the price on the comp?

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
When I spoke to my bike shop last week they told me Australia was getting 9 SWorks bikes, 2 were in the country and 7 on a boat due end of may. I was told the 2 in the country were spoken for and I could get one of the 7 due end of may which I agreed to.

Got a call today to tell me one of the 2 in the country had not been paid for in time and was now on its way to Perth so should have it the 5th. 😊

Also got told by someone else there would be 2 models one with Fox and the other with Rockshox with their electronic suspension.

Last edited:

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Pssssssst

ADDFBE3A-6F2E-4815-B7BE-80E56733680B.jpeg

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
So the first onine shops have the bike listed now with prices and some specs:

I hope it is allowed to post this here, since it is public accessible information.

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Specs confirmed by my retailer today (SL1.2, 320Wh, 50Nm, etc) and geo similar to Stump EVO / Levo Gen3. Native with MX wheelset but 29 compatible with the flipchip. Front 160mm and rear 150mm. No more arm near the rear shock. But I haven't seen it 😝. Official release 05/05. Wait and see 🙃

ghoststalker

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
Imho they should use a bigger battery. Assuming that the peak power matches the competitors 350 watts, the 320 wh are too small to achieve some reasonable range.

Jun 12, 2020
lake Tahoe
I am pleased to learn that the SL Gen2 will retain a light 320w battery. It is my understanding that it the new bike is compatible with the existing 160 w extender ( which I own and have very rarely needed in use with my SL Gen1). This allows for minimal weight for the 90% of the rides I do that are 2hrs /1500 vert. ). I foresee using riding the bike in trail mode, and accessing the extra 50w peak power occasionally for punchy climbs, etc.

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
Just spoke to my LBS, he confirmed he will be ready to take orders on the 5th in France but no pre-orders….and no delivery dates yet !

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
@Moderator
Just want to be sure:
I spent way to much time to search the web for any hidden details on the Specialized site and actually found images of the bike :D
Is it save to share it with the community since it is a public URL?
If you also say where else the images are available (you can PM me if you don't want to say here) - so the forum is not the primary leak of information and the information is already available in the public domain, then yes, you can post them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles