Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If the Comp choices are brown or orange, then I’ll be waiting for a frame only option to appear and porting the majority of my 2019 SL components over.

I’m certainly not paying £14k for an S-Works which still comes with a Fox 36 fork.

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Just when we all thought he was gone, he safely retains his place in the thread.

Bloody smart move by specialized to rename their light weight the moderator.

Don't like how something is handled - gone.
Compromising pictures on the internet - gone.
Fragile cranks? -gone.

A cunning plan - nobody is going to complain the moderator doesn't have enough power.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
If the Comp choices are brown or orange, then I’ll be waiting for a frame only option to appear and porting the majority of my 2019 SL components over.

I’m certainly not paying £14k for an S-Works which still comes with a Fox 36 fork.
There will be an S- works frame only available in around August. It's black with chrome lettering I'm told.
Wish I could wait as well though it'll likely be pretty pricey I'd guess.

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Just when we all thought he was gone, he safely retains his place in the thread.

You wear that moderator tag like a crown, err badge. You really aren't the correct person to be moderating.
Hopefully someone besides you is in charge and will take note and make adjustments.
I'm no perfect poster, but I'm passionate about bikes and study them, ride them much better than most, and more importantly treat even strangers on the internet with respect.
Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet gives some people some extra courage and turns them in to trolls.
- take care

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
There will be an S- works frame only available in around August. It's black with chrome lettering I'm told.
Wish I could wait as well though it'll likely be pretty pricey I'd guess.
I’m not in a desperate hurry, as I’m happy enough with my current SL. A shame that the frame only would be after summer though.

Still wondering what they’ll do with the cranks on the S-Works frame only - as the S-Works build has AXS Transmission, so has SRAM carbon cranks and a Transmission front chain ring.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Still wondering what they’ll do with the cranks on the S-Works frame only - as the S-Works build has AXS Transmission, so has SRAM carbon cranks and a Transmission front chain ring.

Who knows? Maybe the updated motor has a ISIS Spindle mounted that fits the new Transmission cranks...

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
I'm no perfect poster
True, you are the person who proposed that people send you the specs and pictures so you could post them, despite the bike being embargo'd. Even though the other members were mature enough to self moderate.

more importantly treat even strangers on the internet with respect
Do you ? Like this ?

You wear that moderator tag like a crown, err badge. You really aren't the correct person to be moderating.
Hopefully someone besides you is in charge and will take note and make adjustments.

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet gives some people some extra courage and turns them in to trolls.

OK, so you propose posting embargo'd information AND you call a moderator a Troll ? Didn't you mention something about respect ?

I should point out that you've offended several people (Who've used the report function) with your views and comments in an impressive number of different threads. We're certain you don't do this on purpose - or you would have been warned, it's clearly just a result of your passion as you search for your perfect lightweight EMTB. However, maybe keep in mind when posting that everyone can read and interpret things differently.

Likewise, as you've demonstrated with your reply, we should all remember (even the moderators), that a sense of humour is not obligatory to be a member of the forum.

It would seem humility is also not a requirement :

ride them much better than most

To stop the thread becoming cluttered with emotional dramatics, you'll be banned from posting in this thread for 24 hours whilst this and other none relevant posts are removed.

Thankyou for your understanding.

EDIT : No posts will be removed from this thread as 90% are not relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
is there a way to block all the drama and only tune into actual SL info/discussion?

Sorry, no. That would require some definite info on the new Specilized Moderator, which is either embargoed or non existant. Look back through the thread, it's pretty obvious what we're getting, 50nm, 480wh, 17kg, released in may 2022.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
With the key rumours being a new 50nm motor, i do wonder what this means for KSL owners. I'd feel pretty gutted if I just got a bike and they revised the motor!

I wonder if Spesh will release the new motor in the updated (colours/spec) of KSL's, this would tie well with the discounts on them all, plus we've seen new colourways for the gen 3 levos but not the KSL as of yet.

The current kenevo FF got the revised motor and mastermind installed with no updates to the frame.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The current kenevo FF got the revised motor and mastermind installed with no updates to the frame.
The bikes just got the standard motors which had the incremental upgrades. Bikes sold from about 6 months before the Gen3 Levo was released had the same motor as the so named "2.2" motor (marketing). Though later bikes with 200 series motors did have some additional incremental changes.

Only the Expert Kenevo has the Mastermind, the comp has the standard TCU.

We don't know if the Specialized Moderator will have different cabling, or if the motor will be backwards compatible and if it is, if Specialized will make it available as an exchange/upgrade item - this isn't something they've done traditionally. It generally hasn't been possible to buy a Mastermind TCU for example.

We also have no idea how the new motor will feel power wise even if it comes with a higher rated torque number. Or if it will be quieter. It might be that some people prefer the original motor as it may prove to be more efficient in some circumstances.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
We also have no idea how the new motor will feel power wise even if it comes with a higher rated torque number. Or if it will be quieter. It might be that some people prefer the original motor as it may prove to be more efficient in some circumstances.

Some people may prefer the older motor because the noise hides their tinnitus

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
with online ordering were you can specify the exact reach and stack and head angle and chainstay length etc, they build you the bike for a million squids and post it out to you as frame only.........

Reactions: Dax

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You have no idea what I would've done to get my sticky mitts on an STS back in the day... :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
Your local retailer should be able to order you one. Mine should be here Tuesday in advance of the launch. My only concern is the color. The Carbon Comps come in Poo Brown, I think they call it Doppio, and Blaze. I wish Blaze was Orange. It’s more of a Salmon color from what I remember. Again, for people still asking about details, they have 50nm and are supposed to be quieter. The one thing that I have not seen is the actual geo. It’s supposed to be very similar to the Stumpjumper Evo which means it’s very much like the Gen 3 Levo. It’s a mullet. It still has the same size battery as the old bike. The Spec on the comp is exactly the same as the Levo which is decent.

afk314

Apr 22, 2023
Boise, ID
Thanks, Desert_Turtle!

You've been a super consistent voice in this thread, and I for one appreciate it. You've been saying May 5th for quite a damn while! Thanks for your help.

I can't wait to hear how you like it! Please report back for us.

I've heard the current gen (as of today) Levo SL had a motor that got noisier over time - any consensus on that? So it might be hard to get much of a verdict on the new motor?

Adam

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
There are a couple of interesting things about the old motor. 1) it’s among the most reliable e-bike motor that’s been sold in the last couple of years. You really do not see many failures. It’s really rare. 2) it wasn’t that noisy to begin with. Actually, it’s quieter than the Shimano EP8 but unfortunately the pitch of the whine that the motor makes is unpleasant to many people.

For sure the 1.2 will be a lot better in every respect. They’ve had an unprecedented amount of time testing it.

Personally, I’m really excited to ride the new chassis. I’ve had the Orbea Rise and the Fuel EXe and I didn’t like either of them as much as the original SL. If the new SL is anything like the latest Stumpjumper it’s going to be a lot of fun to ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles