2024 Trance Elite 800wh AL?

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
In a few video reviews of the Trance Elite the journalists mention an aluminium 800wh version is coming, has anyone seen anything to back this up?

All I’ve seen is 2024 Reigns and the 2024 Elite but the Elite looks same as 2023 but different colour.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I asked a dealer about this a few months ago and they had no knowledge of it coming. If it did come wouldn’t it just be a new trance with different geometry? There’s no way an 800 is going in the elite down tube so the frame would be different for a start. Also being aluminium and a heavy battery were back to what’s already available. With what’s going on in the bike industry at the moment I don’t think giant will be launching a new model until they have cleared existing stock, but you never know. Thinking about it, aluminium bike, 800wh, mullet, revised geo, isn’t that just a reign 🤔

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
Yeah now that you say it, it’s a Reign unless they go for a lower travel - Trance geo mullet to “solve” the long chain stay “issue” that negatively taints many of the Trance reviews. Must be affecting sales with the amount of competition in the market now.

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I saw some 2024 models at the bike shop and there was no sign of a new aluminum model. Giant finally ditched Live Valve and the E+0 doesn't exist anymore (at least in Canada).

Elite E+1 was specced with Factory Fox suspension and GX T-Type drivetrain, model was carbon black and 500$ cheaper vs. 2023.

Other models were pretty much the same as 2023.

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
Yeah I’m NZ there is only the new colour variant of the Elite and new Reign colour options, didn’t notice anything significantly different from the 23-24 Reigns. No 2024 non-Elite Trances here yet.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Giant finally released the bikes, looks like there an E+0 model in the end.

Elite E+0
0.jpg

Elite E+1
1.jpg

Elite E+2
2.jpg

Elite E+3
3.jpg

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
I see on Giants NZ website the Elite 1 and Elite 2 motors have something called PedalPlus 6-Sensor technology and the Elite 3 does not, wonder how much of a difference this makes to the bikes if any in the real world.

**Just saw that it’s an additional 2 sensors for slope detection and an accelerometer. These should help with motor efficiency.

Interesting that the 2024 Reigns have no mention of having PedalPlus6.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles