2024 Strive:ON

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Another batch of Crispy Designs Shit Flaps is currently on the laser. There’ll only be 18 available as this is the last of the rubber material I have for now. Latest batch will be black again. Fits all frame sizes

To keep it fair (The first two batches sold out within an hour and I get lots of requests for more to be made and reserved if possible) I’ll be making this batch live on my site at 10am on Saturday. The link will be: https://crispydesigns.co.uk/collections/canyon/products/canyon-strive-on-shit-flap-frame-size-largel

It’ll be a first come first served affair. That’s as fair as I can make it.

Cheers

Christian

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Another batch of Crispy Designs Shit Flaps is currently on the laser. There’ll only be 18 available as this is the last of the rubber material I have for now. Latest batch will be black again. Fits all frame sizes

To keep it fair (The first two batches sold out within an hour and I get lots of requests for more to be made and reserved if possible) I’ll be making this batch live on my site at 10am on Saturday. The link will be: https://crispydesigns.co.uk/collections/canyon/products/canyon-strive-on-shit-flap-frame-size-largel

Cheers

Christian
Reminder set…

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen

Cheers

Christian
AM or PM ?link not working for me, gettingb a 404

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
I'm torn... 189cm... ride a s4 Specialized Enduro and really don't want anything shorter, if I had a crash repair I'd probably go an S5. The Large Strive:On sits right in between the S4 and S5 reach wise but has a steeper seat tube so will feel shorter than my S4 possibly while sitting and riding. Given that is something I expect to do more of with an eBike to get up to hills or to enjoy the punchy climbs I wonder if XL is the way to go. But then I see @Rob Rides EMTB is my height and has an L... Analysis paralysis... not to mention I read the Strive:On problems posts am even more confused now... it seems to have everything I want in an eBike and is on sale at the moment too... err help? any thoughts from the wisdom of the internet?

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Today I've noticed something peculiar related to motor noise.

The motor would rattle between the 8th smaller cog (18t) and the smaller one (10t).
If I used the 7th (21t) or bigger cog, engine would be (almost) rattle free/ quiet.

Has anyone noticed this?

The conclusion I've reach is that some chain tension reduces motor noice, almost making no rattle at all.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
So am thinking of buying my brother's bike off him which is an L. @Rob Rides EMTB - any regrets on going for the L instead of the XL? Think we are the same sort of height, I'm 192cm. I also saw you are running a 210 Oneup dropper, why not a 240, not enough insertion depth?

I'm aware of the battery latch issue from the other thread but as there's work arounds and hopefully a fix coming I think I can live with that. Anything else I need to be aware of? Has anyone manged to break one yet?

Last edited:

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
So am thinking of buying my brother's bike off him which is an L. @Rob Rides EMTB - any regrets on going for the L instead of the XL? Think we are the same sort of height, I'm 192cm. I also saw you are running a 210 Oneup dropper, why not a 240, not enough insertion depth?

I'm aware of the battery latch issue from the other thread but as there's work arounds and hopefully a fix coming I think I can live with that. Anything else I need to be aware of? Has anyone manged to break one yet?
Is like to know @Rob Rides EMTB answer on this too. 1 day to go on sale and I’m about to pull the credit card out but still unsure L or XL

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
Thx Rob. I can’t find anything else that fits my remit so I think I just need to bite the bullet and do it. 👍👍
sale ends tomorrow so I ponied up and bought one in Large. Added a SRAM UDH which I hope is the right one and a side load bottle cage. Any other necessary extras? I’ll get a different fork mud guard and bars and grips. Cheers everyone.

badtoy

Oct 15, 2023
United States
Does anyone know when the Strive:eek:n will be available in the US?

Edit: Strive, not Spectral. I'm really wanting that Bosch driven Canyon EMTB.

Last edited:

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
Hi, any XL real pics?

O am between Orbea Wild or Underdog.

Upgrades: Fox38 Kashima 170mm an better brakes/disks, Maybe Saint with Sharks
Thanks

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Ah bugger, looks like I'm too late! Was going to grab one in case I do buy my brothers from him
All gone I'm afraid. The last few were on the site for the last week or so but all sold within a few minutes as soon as I posted on here and the Facebook group page.
I will be making another batch in the future but I'll need to let demand build up again as I have to order a decent amount of rubber to hit the minimum order amount.

TJWBTN

Oct 16, 2023
Sussex
Hello riders.

This is my first post, please be kind! Hoping for a bit of a steer.

After a nightmare with my first emtb resulting in a full refund after 6 months, I am now bike-less. Robs enthusiastic review of the Strive:ON has me interested. However I am torn between the Strive:ON and a Turbo Levo Expert Carbon, for a little more money.

I'm obs a bit sensitive over warranty given the last 6 months and that's making me hesitant on the Canyon. From my research it seems as though they are pretty good at resolving motor issues, by batting it back to Bosch, but when it comes to Canyon components, particularly their frames they seem to have a habit of blaming external forces, taking a long time to respond and resolve. The lack of retail network is also worrying. Whereas Specialized seem to take the opposite approach, they have a wider dealer network and seem to have an outstanding reputation by doing right by their customers, not to mention a lifetime guarantee on their frames.

It seems the Strive is the better bike, but issues can be made worse by their lack of network and reluctance to honour the guarantee. The Spec is dearer, probably marginally not as good, but has you covered in the event of an issue.

To those who have ridden both, what's best in your opinion. To those unlucky enough to experience issues, how have you found it, with either or both manufacturers?

Ultimately I just want to get riding again ASAP but equally dont want to get back into the same or worse situation I've had for the last 6 months!

Any help would be most gratefully received!!!

localone

Jun 17, 2019
Bilbao
Underdog ist good, but DB8 are crap. Not powerfull enough
Underdog ist good, but DB8 are crap. Not powerfull enough
Some people are happy with this brakes:

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Hello riders.

This is my first post, please be kind! Hoping for a bit of a steer.

After a nightmare with my first emtb resulting in a full refund after 6 months, I am now bike-less. Robs enthusiastic review of the Strive:ON has me interested. However I am torn between the Strive:ON and a Turbo Levo Expert Carbon, for a little more money.

I'm obs a bit sensitive over warranty given the last 6 months and that's making me hesitant on the Canyon. From my research it seems as though they are pretty good at resolving motor issues, by batting it back to Bosch, but when it comes to Canyon components, particularly their frames they seem to have a habit of blaming external forces, taking a long time to respond and resolve. The lack of retail network is also worrying. Whereas Specialized seem to take the opposite approach, they have a wider dealer network and seem to have an outstanding reputation by doing right by their customers, not to mention a lifetime guarantee on their frames.

It seems the Strive is the better bike, but issues can be made worse by their lack of network and reluctance to honour the guarantee. The Spec is dearer, probably marginally not as good, but has you covered in the event of an issue.

To those who have ridden both, what's best in your opinion. To those unlucky enough to experience issues, how have you found it, with either or both manufacturers?

Ultimately I just want to get riding again ASAP but equally dont want to get back into the same or worse situation I've had for the last 6 months!

Any help would be most gratefully received!!!
Specialized for warranty, Canyon for value...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles