2024 Strive:ON

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I got my dispatch email from Canyon on Tuesday with the UPS tracking number. I checked tracking today (Thursday) and there are still no updates, just says ‘label created’.

Is anyone based in the UK able to say how long it took for their bike to arrive via UPS after they got the shipping email?
Can't remember now, but in fairness it did sit there doing nothing for a few days then suddenly there was a flurry of activity and it arrived within a couple of days.

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Swapped to 155mm hope cranks a few weeks back. I can report back if has transformed the bike for me. Not had a single pedal strike and I’m back to riding the bike how I enjoy not having to worry about pedalling with a lean on.

After the single track review mentioning running more air than expected on the rear shock I added 20psi myself. I’d been focussed on making sure I was using all of the travel but the 20psi made the bike feel alive again. 25% sag the bike seems to work so much better than 30% sag

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
With the cables going through the headset - Why does Canyon still choose to use long cables routed to the opposite side of the bike?

Isn´t the point of routing through the headset to be able to go into the frame from the same side and remove the cable slack for a clean/tidy handlebar?

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Swapped to 155mm hope cranks a few weeks back. I can report back if has transformed the bike for me. Not had a single pedal strike and I’m back to riding the bike how I enjoy not having to worry about pedalling with a lean on.

After the single track review mentioning running more air than expected on the rear shock I added 20psi myself. I’d been focussed on making sure I was using all of the travel but the 20psi made the bike feel alive again. 25% sag the bike seems to work so much better than 30% sag
Which Hope cranks did you get? Did you find it reduced your balance at all, as your feet are closer together when standing with the pedals flat...?

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Which Hope cranks did you get? Did you find it reduced your balance at all, as your feet are closer together when standing with the pedals flat...?
Hope E-Bike Crankset these although in black that seems to be out of stock.

No issues with balance. I actually feel like I can spin my legs faster now. A real win win as it felt like a risky spend. It’s trail centres where I really struggled with strikes so after a tired ride where I must have had 7 strikes I ordered them once I got the van I was so pi**ed off

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Hope E-Bike Crankset these although in black that seems to be out of stock.

No issues with balance. I actually feel like I can spin my legs faster now. A real win win as it felt like a risky spend. It’s trail centres where I really struggled with strikes so after a tired ride where I must have had 7 strikes I ordered them once I got the van I was so pi**ed off
Great stuff. How do they compare in terms of weight vs the stock cranks?

tatane

Jun 25, 2023
Southern France
Don't suppose you've got a picture to share of this have you?

I am on a medium frame so will likely need to go with the Thirstmaster 4000 but would like to see the clearance.
Afraid it won't fit any smaller then L as it doesn't have much clearance left there 😅

20230809_200545.jpg

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
Mine Underdog arrived! RIdes great.

That little bag is definitely useless - don't bother ordering IMO! A generic strap would work better, the little bag rubs anyway so you'll still need frame protection.

The DT H1900 wheels have the ratchet system already installed. I thought they came with pawls. Noticed when I removed the wheel protector disc thing.

Fox 38 Rhythm works really well.

20230818_205808.jpg

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Joined the club! Placed my order for a Strive:ON CFR this morning….glad I didn’t order a few days ago as there’s a 5% discount now. RESULT! Added a spare bash guard, cable clips and the protective foil set to my order too. My plan is to scan the foils before I fit them. I’ll then make them from Ultracurve MX laminate vinyl. I design and print motorcycle decals as part of my job (Motocross, Rally and Dakar bikes). The laminate is very protective. I’ll also be making a downtube protector possible in black to break up the visual mass of that part of the frame.

Can’t wait for mine to arrive

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Is it worth upgrading to the new GX AXS transmission from the XT? I'm thinking mainly to save me mullering things when shifting and enabling me to shift under load.

And is it best to get the groupset with or without the GX cranks? (Is there any benefit vs the standard cranks?) I guess even without the cranks it still comes with the chain ring anyway?

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Joined the club! Placed my order for a Strive:ON CFR this morning….glad I didn’t order a few days ago as there’s a 5% discount now. RESULT! Added a spare bash guard, cable clips and the protective foil set to my order too. My plan is to scan the foils before I fit them. I’ll then make them from Ultracurve MX laminate vinyl. I design and print motorcycle decals as part of my job (Motocross, Rally and Dakar bikes). The laminate is very protective. I’ll also be making a downtube protector possible in black to break up the visual mass of that part of the frame.

Can’t wait for mine to arrive
Already interested. Any possibility to add graphics of my one?
When available, please post here
Many thanks

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Is it worth upgrading to the new GX AXS transmission from the XT? I'm thinking mainly to save me mullering things when shifting and enabling me to shift under load.

And is it best to get the groupset with or without the GX cranks? (Is there any benefit vs the standard cranks?) I guess even without the cranks it still comes with the chain ring anyway?
From Shimano site (SHIMANO HYPERGLIDE+ | SHIMANO BIKE-US)

"No need to pull off the gas or time an easy pedal stroke with your shifts. Hammer away and count on HYPERGLIDE+ for flawless shifts so you can keep accelerating without hesitation"

I started doing as above, and to my suprise, it appears to shift better underload (up or down).

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022
Scotland
I'm a tad over 6'2 (~188 cm - 88cm inner leg). I've been riding my Large Calibre Bossnut Evo for 5 years and always found it a bit too small and wished I'd gone XL, though I sat on a large YT Decoy recently and that felt like a good size. I put my inner leg length and height into the Canyon website and it recommends a large, but thought it was worth checking the experience of you guys

Anyone my height got any opinions on whether to go L or XL?

501AM

May 10, 2023
Sweden
The Decoy are really small for it's size and the Strive:On are really big, a size L Strive:On have a 11mm longer reach than a XXL Decoy MX. So a large Strive:On will probably be big enough if you felt that a large Decoy was a good size.

wessobert3000

Dec 20, 2022
Germany
Mine Underdog arrived! RIdes great.

That little bag is definitely useless - don't bother ordering IMO! A generic strap would work better, the little bag rubs anyway so you'll still need frame protection.

The DT H1900 wheels have the ratchet system already installed. I thought they came with pawls. Noticed when I removed the wheel protector disc thing.

Fox 38 Rhythm works really well.

View attachment 122862
What is the paint quality of the frame? Is it good?

ArtturiM

Jun 3, 2023
Finland
I'm a tad over 6'2 (~188 cm - 88cm inner leg). I've been riding my Large Calibre Bossnut Evo for 5 years and always found it a bit too small and wished I'd gone XL, though I sat on a large YT Decoy recently and that felt like a good size. I put my inner leg length and height into the Canyon website and it recommends a large, but thought it was worth checking the experience of you guys

Anyone my height got any opinions on whether to go L or XL?
There is also size chart in Canyon website where calculator recommendations are based. Hope that helps with deciding size.

IMG_1775.jpeg

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
Does anyone know if there are any issues replacing the stem with an aftermarket one? The spacers look to be a different shape to the usual round ones you usually have between the headset and stem. Am waiting for my strive on to arrive but am wanting to upgrade the stem and bars quickly

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK

Any ideas on this, and which of the options I'd need? I guess the Bosch ISIS? And are the cranks necessary? What about the chainring - does it need to be SRAM-specific or would the standard chainring work with this transmission? It seems there are a few tooth variations as well... too many options!

tatane

Jun 25, 2023
Southern France
Does anyone know if there are any issues replacing the stem with an aftermarket one? The spacers look to be a different shape to the usual round ones you usually have between the headset and stem. Am waiting for my strive on to arrive but am wanting to upgrade the stem and bars quickly
There are some, since the spacers do have small plastic pins on top of them (and small holes at the bottom) so they can perfectly align.
With that said, I did replace the stem on mine, you just need to sand the top spacer (the one jthat will be just under your stem) to make sure to remove those pins and make it level ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles