2024 Strive:ON

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi! I ride a Trek Rail with a Lyrik 170/160 coil at the back.
Would this bike worth the difference in terms of money (selling mine and spending a lot more)?

Ps: I really like my ebike, but wonder what could be gained in terms of speed/confidance in the rough trails.
Not really to be honest. You have a great bike.

Given the choice of the two if I were buying now, I’d recommend the Canyon. Out the box it’s a better enduro bike. It’s almost degree slacker head angle - steeper seat tube for climbs and better battery integration (Treks RIB is a bit annoying to be honest).

The mullet works well on this bike too in my experience.

But it’s not night and day difference between what you have already.

Last edited:

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
A lot of people on Pink Bike commenting about the headset cable routing and citing that as being the only reason they wouldn't buy the bike...

What am I missing here?! Is it that much of a problem? And WTF is cable tourism?!!!

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
What are people getting for delivery dates? Website says 3-10 business days, I have been given 22nd May to 3rd of June.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What's your thoughts on this vs a Levo?
I think it’s quite a bit better for me personally, in the following:

Better rear suspension performance
More travel
Better motor
More range / more efficient
Slightly bigger battery with option to run lighter battery
Built in gps
Better value for money

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I think it’s quite a bit better for me personally, in the following:

Better rear suspension performance
More travel
Better motor
More range / more efficient
Slightly bigger battery with option to run lighter battery
Built in gps
Better value for money
Sounds great. Thanks for this. Interesting that the rear suspension performance is better.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sounds great. Thanks for this. Interesting that the rear suspension performance is better.
Levo is a good all rounder.

But the leverage rate on it is quite high and I don’t think you can get as effective performance out of 150 travel with 55mm stroke, compared to 160mm travel and 65mm stroke shock.

There’s a bit more to it than that, but im not sure the Levo is as sensitive and the shock has to work way harder in its stroke IMO, owing to a higher leverage ratio amongst other things.

The Strive feels more sensitive and can use all the travel when required without any big bottom outs.

The seat angle is also steeper on the strive which makes it easier to climb - I tend to do steep climbs with the saddle about 1/3 raised on the dropper and perch my butt on the nose of the saddle. Steeper seat angle helps here for sure.

To add- every new bike released at the moment is moving forwards with geo/ suspension design and overall performance. Levo was great 24 months ago but stuff has moved on. Not massive, but progress is steady and all the marginal gains add up 👍👍

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What are people getting for delivery dates? Website says 3-10 business days, I have been given 22nd May to 3rd of June.

F45C038A-CE2E-4D0B-B304-E05A8FACA907.jpeg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
For anyone looking to use a spare battery on a Strive:ON you will need the following part:

CAYN EP1731-03 BOS PT WASHER

It’s a small plastic spacer that attaches to the Bosch Powertube battery. It’s not yet listed on Canyons site but if you start a chat they can order them.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
For anyone looking to use a spare battery on a Strive:ON you will need the following part:

CAYN EP1731-03 BOS PT WASHER

It’s a small plastic spacer that attaches to the Bosch Powertube battery. It’s not yet listed on Canyons site but if you start a chat they can order them.
Does it go at the top or bottom ofthe battery? As I guess that will have an effect on weight distribution.

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
I am in the market for a new bike and this bike ticks most boxes but the sizing looks way off.

I am 5'6" ( 167cm) so according to Canyon I am at the upper end of size small.
But the small frame geometry seems way too big for me! Wheelbase is 1245 and Reach is 450
That is comparable to Medium Whyte E160 and S3 Specialized Levo.
Estimating RAD from the side-on picture I get 835mm - about 55mm more than my RAD

Do Canyon just recommend larger or am I missing something?

CaptainPuke

Nov 3, 2020
Top North
I ordered mine on the 11th and at that time the website was saying 3-10 days for delivery. After ordering it gave me an estimated delivery between 22nd and 2nd June. However within the day Canyon had picked and shipped it and I got a notification from UPS that delivery due... tomorrow! So providing it turns up (tracking still saying tomorrow, within a three hour window) I'll be well impressed with that!

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
What's everyone's plans for the handlebars? I want to put 35mm bars on, but for whatever reason Canyon decide to try to lock us into theirs with a 31.8mm bar...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What's everyone's plans for the handlebars? I want to put 35mm bars on, but for whatever reason Canyon decide to try to lock us into theirs with a 31.8mm bar...

Nice bars - backsweep / upsweep comfortable and a selection of rise. Good finish

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK

Nice bars - backsweep / upsweep comfortable and a selection of rise. Good finish
Thanks. I'm ideally after carbon bars though, to get rid of a bit of trail buzz.

I had the OneUp bars before and liked them.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thanks. I'm ideally after carbon bars though, to get rid of a bit of trail buzz.

I had the OneUp bars before and liked them.
You might find you prefer 31.8 aluminium after trying them 👍 Basically zero benefit to 35mm bars.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
You might find you prefer 31.8 aluminium after trying them 👍 Basically zero benefit to 35mm bars.
So is there any value changing the bars at all? It was mostly to save my hands/wrists that I went for the compliant OneUp Carbon bars.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So is there any value changing the bars at all? It was mostly to save my hands/wrists that I went for the compliant OneUp Carbon bars.
31.8 bars are usually not as stiff as 35 bars, so you’re likely to find them more comfortable.

The OneUp bars solve some of the stiffness issues that 35mm bars have. But with a 31.8mm bar stock you’ll probably find there’s no need.

Ive moved back to 31.8 bars on my bikes 👍

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I ordered mine on the 11th and at that time the website was saying 3-10 days for delivery. After ordering it gave me an estimated delivery between 22nd and 2nd June. However within the day Canyon had picked and shipped it and I got a notification from UPS that delivery due... tomorrow! So providing it turns up (tracking still saying tomorrow, within a three hour window) I'll be well impressed with that!
Worlds first delivery?? Pics!!

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Is anyone else going to fit the Kiox 300? If so, any ideas what kit I'd need to fit one?

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Levo is a good all rounder.

But the leverage rate on it is quite high and I don’t think you can get as effective performance out of 150 travel with 55mm stroke, compared to 160mm travel and 65mm stroke shock.

There’s a bit more to it than that, but im not sure the Levo is as sensitive and the shock has to work way harder in its stroke IMO, owing to a higher leverage ratio amongst other things.

The Strive feels more sensitive and can use all the travel when required without any big bottom outs.

The seat angle is also steeper on the strive which makes it easier to climb - I tend to do steep climbs with the saddle about 1/3 raised on the dropper and perch my butt on the nose of the saddle. Steeper seat angle helps here for sure.

To add- every new bike released at the moment is moving forwards with geo/ suspension design and overall performance. Levo was great 24 months ago but stuff has moved on. Not massive, but progress is steady and all the marginal gains add up 👍👍

you make my shopping finger itching, so close to order one to replace my vitus e-sommet

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Some spare stuff that might be useful for future servicing etc

Bashguard.

Spacers if fitting different fork and you want a higher stem stack:

Headset bearings

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles