2024 Strive:ON

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
It’s not too bad to be honest- I think 160mm crank arms might help.
It's funny, I've watched a bunch of reviews now and they all seem to contradict one another.

The BB is quite low, the BB is quite high, the chainstays are quite short, the chainstays are quite long, the tyres are a good burly spec, the tyres aren't burly enough... Etc!

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
For me the Wild seems to be on back order until the end of the year. This was immediately available. I think they're vaguely similar anyway? Think I like the look of the Canyon more - just wish the CFR colour was a bit more exciting.

Will you be fitting a display? I'd like to add the Kiox for battery percentage, time, speed, etc.
Orbea must have severe supply chain issues.

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
It's funny, I've watched a bunch of reviews now and they all seem to contradict one another.

The BB is quite low, the BB is quite high, the chainstays are quite short, the chainstays are quite long, the tyres are a good burly spec, the tyres aren't burly enough... Etc!
Exactly…

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Is it complicated and costly to upgrade the mid-spec model (the one in Rob’s review) to Shimano LinkGlide?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
The anti theft thing is interesting. Is there some sort of override if you manage to break your phone or if it dies/loses connection mid ride?

Strive:ON vs Pole Voima?

I think the Torque:ON might be a better comparison. Shame that doesn't come with the Bosch motor too...

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
The anti theft thing is interesting. Is there some sort of override if you manage to break your phone or if it dies/loses connection mid ride?

I think the Torque:ON might be a better comparison. Shame that doesn't come with the Bosch motor too...
Agreed, shame the Torque:On has Shimano. Or shame the Strive doesn't get Kashima in CFR build.

Not sure on the security - I had the same thought. What if your phone runs out of battery mid ride? Not like you can even charge it from the bike anymore like you used to be able to. I think if you fit a Kiox you can use that as the key though.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I guess you might need to have the phone connected for it to work, so if it died it would just disconnect and you could still ride the bike.

Either that or they're coming back to steal your phone :D

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
niiiice

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 09.29.17.png

501AM

May 10, 2023
Sweden
Looks really good with the kashima, maybe something to add when doing the first service on them, i guess a Factory kashima CSU should fit like a glove and be a pretty easy swap.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Looks really good with the kashima, maybe something to add when doing the first service on them, i guess a Factory kashima CSU should fit like a glove and be a pretty easy swap.
Is it that cheap/easy to do?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Someone has two bikes for sale, has been busy with photoshop, knows the price and has form for CSU swaps...... I'm guessing someone might have pressed the place order button! 😂

My brother ordered a large CFR this morning, git! I'll have to keep slumming it with the used Crafty I just bought
LOL. You got it!

I ordered the moment it went live. Put my money where my mouth is... Its a bloody amazing bike.

Mine will have kashima stuff on it 😳🤣

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
And what was that you said in the review about not being able to tell any difference between the performance and Kashima coat? Tart! 😂

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
And what was that you said in the review about not being able to tell any difference between the performance and Kashima coat? Tart! 😂
'tis true!!

just so happens I have a spare kashima CSU from when I converted something before, and a spare X2 Factory from another project... cant let them sit around feeling sorry for themselves 💃🤣

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
That's the problem with Kashima, everyone knows that it basically does nothing, yet that doesn't stop us from wanting that goldy goodness on our bikes! 🤣

I guess Fox know that though, which is why they sell a Kashima dropper post...

The SRAM mech is nice also, but more for the dentists...

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Hi! I ride a Trek Rail with a Lyrik 170/160 coil at the back.
Would this bike worth the difference in terms of money (selling mine and spending a lot more)?

Ps: I really like my ebike, but wonder what could be gained in terms of speed/confidance in the rough trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles