2023 Pivot Shuttle SL - Super Light

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
Thanks. That makes sense.
How do you like it? I am trying to decide between the Fuel Exe and the Shuttle SL.

Handling wise, I love it. The bike definitely has a more 'in it' feeling as compared to an 'on top of it' feeling, but that might just be me. The short chainstays make the bike very quick turning, but it does give you a bit of a sensation that you are sitting on the back wheel. I, like some others on here, are having an intermitant issue with the Fuzua motor going into a fault mode, but it looks like it's a fireware update issue, which I am going to take care of on Monday. As long as that issue is taken care of, the bike is great. Really hits the mark for this 'lightweight' bike category.

MarkE192

Aug 1, 2022
USA
With 4 rides and around 60 miles on the bike since the latest firmware update I have had no issues. It seems Fazua has fixed the problem with the battery timing out and not coming back on. Still getting the bike dialed in but I am really happy with it's performance so far. I will try to give you some more information once I have had time to ride the bike on a little more varied terrain. I can tell you that I was a little wary of the 132 mm rear travel, having only ridden longer travel bikes in the past. I have been really surprised at the bikes composure in the steeps and the chunk. The range has also been very impressive. Coming off a Kenevo SL I would guess the Pivot has 30% to 40% more range when expending the same amount of effort.

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
With 4 rides and around 60 miles on the bike since the latest firmware update I have had no issues. It seems Fazua has fixed the problem with the battery timing out and not coming back on. Still getting the bike dialed in but I am really happy with it's performance so far. I will try to give you some more information once I have had time to ride the bike on a little more varied terrain. I can tell you that I was a little wary of the 132 mm rear travel, having only ridden longer travel bikes in the past. I have been really surprised at the bikes composure in the steeps and the chunk. The range has also been very impressive. Coming off a Kenevo SL I would guess the Pivot has 30% to 40% more range when expending the same amount of effort.

Mark,

Are you in the States? If so, is you bike adding assist all the way up to the 20mph/32kph cut off?

ED

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
I have not really checked. I will let you know. I am in the states.

Mine is cutting out at the EU standard 25kph. Apparently some were shipped from Fazua with the incorrect software package. They have been super easy to deal with, but something to check just in case. I agree with what you said earlier, I was a little worried about the 132mm rear travel, but it wasn't an issue at all for me. The bike is very efficient.

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
Mine is cutting out at the EU standard 25kph. Apparently some were shipped from Fazua with the incorrect software package. They have been super easy to deal with, but something to check just in case. I agree with what you said earlier, I was a little worried about the 132mm rear travel, but it wasn't an issue at all for me. The bike is very efficient.

... is yours a World Cup Build?

Ace

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
According to Fazua, it is only a fireware update. I don't have a dealer 'close' to me, so I have to schedule time to get to one. Probably won't be able to for a week or so because of work schedule. Stupid work, always getting in the way.

... my dealer's personal bike has the same issue now for the last month... he hasn't gotten his squared away as of yet, so I was wondering if you had!

Ace

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
I haven't talked to my dealer since last week, but when I last did, he said they were working on it and hoped to have a fix 'soon.' It's a new product, so I completely understand the hick-up. As long as this is sorted soon, I'll be fine. Beside, I still have my Rail to ride in the meantime. :)

MarkE192

Aug 1, 2022
USA
Just checked, my bike is definitely cutting off at 15 mph. That's the bad news. The good news is that I had to pedal up a grade to even feel the disengagement. On level ground or a slight downhill it was very hard to detect any drag from the motor even in rocket. Taking it to the LBS Wed to see if I can get it sorted out.

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
Just checked, my bike is definitely cutting off at 15 mph. That's the bad news. The good news is that I had to pedal up a grade to even feel the disengagement. On level ground or a slight downhill it was very hard to detect any drag from the motor even in rocket. Taking it to the LBS Wed to see if I can get it sorted out.
Let us know what you find out.

SM

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
Has anyone seen the ProX1 yet? I've decided to consolidate my 2020 Sworks Levo and my 2020 Levo SL Expert Carbon into the Shuttle SL. I'm a SRAM guy so that's my target. My LBS sells a ton of Pivots but he rep told him next Spring before he will see a ProX1 in medium.... I'm wondering if the other levels are available? I would probably suck it up and go for one of the XTRs if they were available and the Pro isn't.... He is also putting some pressure on his rep... We have a huge number of Specialized EMTBs in our extended riding community and I know he would love to get some Pivots out there.
I was told the same. Just Large Shuttle SL are produced right now. Medium later. I am keen on the X01 as well. But won‘t be available in Germany before spring 2023 - at least.

crucible

Oct 4, 2022
USA
Looks like October 7th is the date Fazua will have the firmware update available to fix the speed limiter issue in the US. That is what my LBS relayed to me this afternoon.

Let us know what you find out.

SM
I'm going through the same issues here, first couple rides and it went into sleep mode. I'm going to Pivot HQ tomorrow and will update here with any news that's helpful for others.

MarkE192

Aug 1, 2022
USA
...any news to report?

Ace
I had a firmware update for the battery done a couple weeks ago. After 6 or 7 rides and around 100 miles I had no issues, until last night when the single white light showed up again. Not sure what the new update on the 7th addresses but if it is the same as what I received, its not working. The new ring controller showed up yesterday and looks to be the exactly the same as the old one. It seems Pivot is not taking responsibility for any of these issues but passing it off to Fazua who are very hard to work with in a timely manner. I am starting to get a little frustrated. Not sure that I have many options at this point. Hopefully Pivot can put some pressure to get these issues resolved soon!!!

crucible

Oct 4, 2022
USA
...any news to report?

Ace

I spent a couple hours at the headquarters yesterday, and so far, nothing new other than the "expected" firmware update to fix these issues is still Friday 10/7. So hopefully there is an announcement this Friday. I confirmed the same information with Fazua Support as well. Fingers crossed!

crucible

Oct 4, 2022
USA
UPDATE: My Shuttle SL firmware has been updated! I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but HQ said it should fix the sleep mode and the mph cut off issues. Maybe check with your dealers and see if they have the update yet? I'll share the results of test rides next week. Please do the same. Fingers crossed this solves the problems Fazua (now Porsche) is having @Ace Freely @eddiemac47

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
UPDATE: My Shuttle SL firmware has been updated! I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but HQ said it should fix the sleep mode and the mph cut off issues. Maybe check with your dealers and see if they have the update yet? I'll share the results of test rides next week. Please do the same. Fingers crossed this solves the problems Fazua (now Porsche) is having @Ace Freely @eddiemac47
Did anyone mention if this update also address the 15.4mph cut off in US bikes? Thanks for the update!

crucible

Oct 4, 2022
USA
Did anyone mention if this update also address the 15.4mph cut off in US bikes? Thanks for the update!
Yep! Sorry I didn't word my update well, but the bike is supposed to be faster per HQ testing (only a couple hours of testing). What we find in the field is what matters though.

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
I got the update done this evening. Unfortunately, it as too late to hit the trail. I did ride it up and down the road in front of my house. Seat of the pants, it’s definitely better. I shifted in and out of assist multiple times and it never went into sleep mode. I didn’t have my garmin, so I can’t tell you exactly what speed it cuts out, but it feels better. I hope to get it on the trail tomorrow morning before I head to work and will report back if I do. Have to say, Pivot customer service is pretty great to deal with.

crucible

Oct 4, 2022
USA
I got the update done this evening. Unfortunately, it as too late to hit the trail. I did ride it up and down the road in front of my house. Seat of the pants, it’s definitely better. I shifted in and out of assist multiple times and it never went into sleep mode. I didn’t have my garmin, so I can’t tell you exactly what speed it cuts out, but it feels better. I hope to get it on the trail tomorrow morning before I head to work and will report back if I do. Have to say, Pivot customer service is pretty great to deal with.
Excellent news. Please do let us know how it rides tomorrow, I'm curious if the power holds to 20mph now. Thanks for the update.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles