Levo Gen 3 2022 Turbo Levo Expert. Eco, Trail and Turbo switch Issues

Popeye

Sep 12, 2021
2022 Specialized Levo Expert. Eco, Trail, Turbo Mode (standard) and Micro Tune Mode issues. I recently purchase this bike in June 2021, after reaching around 850 miles I began experience while riding in any of the standard modes the bike would automatically switch to the Micro tune mode. Typically in Eco or Trail it would increase to a higher percentage in the Micro tune mode and while in Turbo in would decrease. By long pressing the (+) button on the handlebar remote it would go back to the standard mode. At first we (Specialized Tech Support) thought it was a motor overheating issue. However, on one particular climb I had my thumb hovering over the (+) button to increase to Turbo for a scramble ahead of me and magically it switch to Turbo. After the climb I stopped and played with the switch and to my surprise by just barely touching the (+) button I could make it change Modes. I contacted my Specialized shop that I had been working with and changed out the handlebar remote. Took it for a 27 mile ride, all systems go, we fixed it.

I've also been very diligent on cleaning and lightly blowing off the rear sensor before every ride, especially if the trails are dusty.

The battery charging cable as you know has a magnet to help connect to the charging port. Be careful ! The magnet will pick up micro metal shavings and debris which can cause problems. Keep it wrapped in a plastic bag or something. And lightly blow out the charging port and cable end occasionally.

Also a good investment is a timer for the battery. You can go to bed and not worry about getting up at 2am to unplug the charger. I purchased one on amazon that has 2, 4 and 6 hour increments. I love it.

Well, that all for now. Happy riding, go fast and be safe. Popeye

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
2022 Specialized Levo Expert. Eco, Trail, Turbo Mode (standard) and Micro Tune Mode issues. I recently purchase this bike in June 2021, after reaching around 850 miles I began experience while riding in any of the standard modes the bike would automatically switch to the Micro tune mode. Typically in Eco or Trail it would increase to a higher percentage in the Micro tune mode and while in Turbo in would decrease. By long pressing the (+) button on the handlebar remote it would go back to the standard mode. At first we (Specialized Tech Support) thought it was a motor overheating issue. However, on one particular climb I had my thumb hovering over the (+) button to increase to Turbo for a scramble ahead of me and magically it switch to Turbo. After the climb I stopped and played with the switch and to my surprise by just barely touching the (+) button I could make it change Modes. I contacted my Specialized shop that I had been working with and changed out the handlebar remote. Took it for a 27 mile ride, all systems go, we fixed it.

I've also been very diligent on cleaning and lightly blowing off the rear sensor before every ride, especially if the trails are dusty.

The battery charging cable as you know has a magnet to help connect to the charging port. Be careful ! The magnet will pick up micro metal shavings and debris which can cause problems. Keep it wrapped in a plastic bag or something. And lightly blow out the charging port and cable end occasionally.

Also a good investment is a timer for the battery. You can go to bed and not worry about getting up at 2am to unplug the charger. I purchased one on amazon that has 2, 4 and 6 hour increments. I love it.

Well, that all for now. Happy riding, go fast and be safe. Popeye

I never considered waking up in the middle of the night to unplug a charger. Pretty sure they can handle being plugged in overnight.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I have a timer. But I only use it to put my battery to around 60% when I'm not planning to ride for a while. Otherwise I just leave it overnight before a ride. It turns itself off at 100%.

Gordon

Popeye

Sep 12, 2021
I never considered waking up in the middle of the night to unplug a charger. Pretty sure they can handle being plugged in overnight.

I'm sure it's okay to leave it plugged in all night, however the owner manual (page 22) and where I purchased it recommends to unplug once fully charged in the event the charger malfunctions. I'd rather be safe than sorry, I call the timer cheap insurance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles