Turbo Levo MY 2018 LED on battery switch constantly red

comegente

Jul 28, 2018
Aachen, Germany
Hi at all, since yesterday I have an issue with the LED display of my Turbo Levo HT 29 (10 months old). The first LED (10 %) is constantly red, even when charging the battery or with the battery fully charged, see foto. The MC app shows no errors in the diagnosis report and the bike is running normal without any problems. Some folks in the German Turbo Levo Facebook group say this happens when water gets inside the LED display. Anyone experienced the same problem and knows about Specialized’s behavior on battery warranty with this issue? I’m not too concerned about the problem if it’s only an optical fault. However, if I want to sell the bike , a potential buyer won’t like this. Thanks for your comments.

C4836AB8-F490-4690-AF59-77DFFFE85CC0.jpeg

iTsCraig

Apr 23, 2019
jhb
I had the same problem twice. Was it after you had washed the bike? I traced mine to water getting into the switch when being washed. I removed the switch cover and used a hairdryer to dry it out. after a while all the lights went green again. I have since used a small bead of waterproof glue to seal the switch.

comegente

Jul 28, 2018
Aachen, Germany
I had the same problem twice. Was it after you had washed the bike?

Yes, I had washed the bike the day before, carefully as always ;-). After cleaning I charged the battery and the LEDs were still all blinking green. Next day after a ride I noticed the first one at the bottom blinking red.
I'll try to get it fixed with your hairdryer method, thank you for this hint.

iTsCraig

Apr 23, 2019
jhb
Drove me mad the first two times. Either remove the battery when washing or put a small bead of waterproof glue on the inside of the switch. It pops out really easily and I am sure that is why water gets in.

comegente

Jul 28, 2018
Aachen, Germany
A short update: instead of manipulating the battery switch myself I showed the problem to my LBS when I brought in my Levo for a regular checkup this week. After a short glance he said that the battery would be replaced on warranty. When I picked up the bike today the replacement battery from Specialized hadn’t arrived yet. So he took a new battery from one of the stock bikes and put it on my bike. That’s what I call customer service. Thank you very much, Best Bike Andreas Kommer, Alsdorf.

Last edited:

PaulG

Jan 23, 2019
Cape Town, South Africa
Drove me mad the first two times. Either remove the battery when washing or put a small bead of waterproof glue on the inside of the switch. It pops out really easily and I am sure that is why water gets in.
I have the same issue with my 2017 (504Wh) battery. How do you remove the switch? Is there some trick?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles