2022 Canyon Spectral ON 8

Tikz

May 26, 2021
USA
Just received my Spectral on a couple of weeks ago. The bike rides great and the new EP8 is awesome. The EP8 rattle really isn't that bad at all. The only complaint I have is the battery rattle. The tolerance for the battery fitment is just too loose and therefore the battery can make a lot of noise when going through some chunky terrain. With that being said, I bought some velcro straps and put 2 of them around the down tube and battery. Makes a world of difference, no more battery rattle. This is how I determined the rattle from the EP8 really isn't bad at all.

IMG_7049.jpg

philippe1

Sep 4, 2019
Genk, Belgium
There should be no rattle at all from the battery, do you hear the second "click" when you push the battery in?
Is the battery cover fully closed.? Grab the downtube and battery with both hands to give it a firm push.
Can you feel any play when you push the battery cover?
I think the mechanism is adjustable, I overturned the lock key once (in wrong direction) and had to take the mechanism out
for repair. Put the bike upside down to get a better look. The velcros will leave scratch marks on the frame.

Tikz

May 26, 2021
USA
There should be no rattle at all from the battery, do you hear the second "click" when you push the battery in?
Is the battery cover fully closed.? Grab the downtube and battery with both hands to give it a firm push.
Can you feel any play when you push the battery cover?
I think the mechanism is adjustable, I overturned the lock key once (in wrong direction) and had to take the mechanism out
for repair. Put the bike upside down to get a better look. The velcros will leave scratch marks on the frame.

I agree, it shouldn't rattle. The battery is locked in tight. I think what I may be hearing is the battery cover hitting the battery. The battery cover is only screwed on top and bottom to the battery. I am thinking they should have 2 in the center as well.
The velcro will not scratch my frame as I have invisiframe on it.

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
Take something like a cloth and place it between the battery and the cover, should eliminate the sound if that is the culprit.

Tikz

May 26, 2021
USA
I put a thin strip of weather stripping between the battery and battery cover. Noise is gone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles