May 17, 2021
Greenisland
Hard to beat in my eyes

DDF86667-6EEF-4163-9010-523D7414C8DE.jpeg

Steven904

Dec 26, 2018
Oxfordshire
Hello all
Anyone at 183cm/6ft or shorter and ride the XL size bullit? Any thoughts?
I'm right on the cusp ofL and XL, I've riden an XL and it felt big but lovely,

Steven904

Dec 26, 2018
Oxfordshire
Hi Guys
I've ordered the brown Bullit, I now have a first world problem, i dont know if i should get the Gloss or Matt invisiframe kit, advice or experience welcome

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Hello all
Anyone at 183cm/6ft or shorter and ride the XL size bullit? Any thoughts?
I'm right on the cusp ofL and XL, I've riden an XL and it felt big but lovely,

I'm 184cm and ride XL. Doesn't feel too big at all and I like the stability - after all this is a plow bike. But if you like short cockpit and supposed better maneuverability then you could go for L. No right or wrong selection here...

spikebike

Jul 16, 2022
Colorado
Just noticed that the new Bulllit is out. Looks like the upgraded the motor to the DU-EP801, which is rumored to have less clank/clunking when coasting downhill.

Also has the new SRAM transmission system which looks pretty promising.

If anyone rides one please report back, especially on the clunking issue.

SC Bullit

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Is it the same frame and they've added more options/colours? I was expecting it to come with the bigger battery the Heckler has

Same bike with updated specs, new motor & new colours.

Really stupid move to have left the 630wh instead of the 720wh.

Meanwhile Giant is speccing entry level bikes that are not even worth half the price of the Bullit with 800wh batteries...

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California

Meanwhile Giant is speccing entry level bikes that are not even worth half the price of the Bullit with 800wh batteries...
I’ve looked at website (USA), can’t find any info where motor has changed… can you share?

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California

I’ve been riding a Bullit for couple years and haven’t had battery range issue on rides between 13-22/25 mlles in Santa Cruz mountains without issue, generally in Trail mode.
From my experience I’m not sure I get all the battery range angst. SC’s normal bike remodel is on a 3 year cycle so I suspect this was mostly a color refresh.

spikebike

Jul 16, 2022
Colorado
I’ve looked at website (USA), can’t find any info where motor has changed… can you share?
Go to BULLIT

Scroll down for the large image with a black background describing the "SRAM Eagle Transmission".

Hit the "+ Open" under one of the available configurations. It mentions the motor upgrade (to DU-EP801), chain (to Flattop/T-TYpe), cassette (T-type), deraillure (T-type), etc.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’ve been riding a Bullit for couple years and haven’t had battery range issue on rides between 13-22/25 mlles in Santa Cruz mountains without issue, generally in Trail mode.
From my experience I’m not sure I get all the battery range angst. SC’s normal bike remodel is on a 3 year cycle so I suspect this was mostly a color refresh.

I think quite a few riders were waiting for the 720Wh battery when they saw the Heckler appear with it. I thought the Bullit was coming up to 3 years now but it looks like it's another 6 months away still. They also had issues fulfilling orders through Covid so it could be a while before we see a new frame/battery.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
630wh is the new 504wh, not a lot of people want them anymore.

Shimano should be able to offer a 720-800wh battery that is the same size as their 630wh to quickly update current bikes and generate sales, yet they're still only offering 504wh or 630wh battery options to manufacturers.

Santa Cruz would for sure spec that battery as price increase is minimal, but Shimano are too slow like usual and are falling behind industry average.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I think it's just a case of the 720Wh battery doesn't fit in the current Bullit frame, so we won't see it until they have new carbon moulds made to fit it (or a different battery entirely). Moulds are very expensive so they need to sell so many frames to make their investment back before updating designs.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
I think it's just a case of the 720Wh battery doesn't fit in the current Bullit frame, so we won't see it until they have new carbon moulds made to fit it (or a different battery entirely). Moulds are very expensive so they need to sell so many frames to make their investment back before updating designs.
I can certainly understand the marketing angle to battery capacity. Auto world going through that now with EV’s and mileage range claims (with 300 miles seeming current premium target) regardless of buyer’s actual use/need.
Even here in California “car country” not many 300 mile trips are taken (SF to LA is beyond single-charge range (especially at highway speed) yet it appears we still “need” the magic number because bigger is better has been such a hyped term. I’m sure I’d fall prey to the marketing as well and knowing the Heckler has 720w I’d take it in my Bullit for a little range insurance, however, since bigger is also heavier it’d be nice to have capacity options on same bike… “do I need range today or do I want more playful” decisions could be made.

Shreddy

Sep 14, 2021
Surrey
I can certainly understand the marketing angle to battery capacity. Auto world going through that now with EV’s and mileage range claims (with 300 miles seeming current premium target) regardless of buyer’s actual use/need.
Even here in California “car country” not many 300 mile trips are taken (SF to LA is beyond single-charge range (especially at highway speed) yet it appears we still “need” the magic number because bigger is better has been such a hyped term. I’m sure I’d fall prey to the marketing as well and knowing the Heckler has 720w I’d take it in my Bullit for a little range insurance, however, since bigger is also heavier it’d be nice to have capacity options on same bike… “do I need range today or do I want more playful” decisions could be made.
Yep, that makes sense. I have a second battery for my Bullit, albeit a 500whL which I carry on big days out or use for short/playful trips.

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US

Molds are expensive, but not for a company like SC. Considering there volume, a mold is a hiccup.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada

Darfon released a 835wh / 4.3kg battery that is the same size as the 720wh / 4.2kg, so my guess is that SC will update the Bullit & Heckler to 835wh for 2024.

Most likely SC was waiting on final confirmation of the 835wh battery dimensions prior to updating molds and the Heckler is already compatible with that new battery anyway.

A Bullit specced with the new EP801 and that new 835wh will be one hell of a bike.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Darfon released a 835wh / 4.3kg battery that is the same size as the 720wh / 4.2kg, so my guess is that SC will update the Bullit & Heckler to 835wh for 2024.

Most likely SC was waiting on final confirmation of the 835wh battery dimensions prior to updating molds and the Heckler is already compatible with that new battery anyway.

A Bullit specced with the new EP801 and that new 835wh will be one hell of a bike.
New colours too!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles