2021 Rail Model Range

d7e8wd

May 11, 2020
UK
Just had a word with my LBS as I am keen to get a 9.7 and they are out of stock most places.
Apparently new range is coming end of next month and the are all the same, EXCEPT for they are 600 QUID more!! 9.7 is now £6100 and comes with NX still. I was prepared to spend a bit more than domestic brands due to some brand allegiance but this is going to be the tipping point for me I think.
They all said it was due to currency fluctuations, but GPB:USD has gone from 1.27 a year ago to 1.23 now, flimsy excuse.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Just had a word with my LBS as I am keen to get a 9.7 and they are out of stock most places.
Apparently new range is coming end of next month and the are all the same, EXCEPT for they are 600 QUID more!! 9.7 is now £6100 and comes with NX still. I was prepared to spend a bit more than domestic brands due to some brand allegiance but this is going to be the tipping point for me I think.
They all said it was due to currency fluctuations, but GPB:USD has gone from 1.27 a year ago to 1.23 now, flimsy excuse.
I've heard something similar are the bikes exactly the same ? Maybe different colours ?

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Glad I got mine a few weeks before lockdown .. another 600 quid would have put the 7 at nearly 5.5 grand and over my budget and I would have had to settle for the 5.. and I dont like that army surplus green colour. I chose the 7 for the colour, love the red and grey and chatting to my lbs he thinks they have new colours for 2021 .. I did get 15% off mine so I got a good deal.

MadsB

May 15, 2020
London
The 5 with 625 battery is on the trek website listed as 2021 at £4150, looks the same as 2020..

That was listed at £3950 a few days ago. I was intending on getting this bike, but ended up getting the Whyte E150S as the Trek wasn’t going to be in stock until October I was told. Glad I did now as I would have had to pay more for the Trek anyway.

Djlcater

Mar 22, 2020
Uk
Rail 7 is now 5k for 2021, 2 new colour ways and an extra colour way for the Rail 5 at £4,150 as mentioned above. Spec seems to be the same!

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
Any idea what colour schemes, can’t find anything online, tbh quite like the red/grey I’ve got just nosy to what the new ones are.

kenny32

May 31, 2020
Australia
So my LBS said that the Powerfly's are being updated for 2021 with the new Gen4. Did you get details of those and costs?

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
The new hardtail’s are already out in the wild but branded 2020 even though they have only been about last few weeks. They look great and have taken the rails shape and form, be interesting to see the full sus ones.

toreador

Apr 21, 2020
Berlin
Found some pics of the new Powerflys on a german site:

They've also listed the "Trek Rail 9.8 XT - 2021" (only version so far) with some new colors mentioned (not shown unfortunately):
"Carbon Red Smoke / Lithium Grey" and "Teal / Nautical Navy" (known from the Rail 9, I think)

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Wonder what the price difference will be on the 9.8 xt,
Kiox fitted as standard and possibly the new rockshox zeb 38 forks??

I think I will be happy with my 2020 xt at £5780, and i have the kiox getting fitted as well, wonder how much better the zeb forks will be?

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
Ah no change on the 7 unless I’ve missed something, I thought trek said they wouldn’t do annual releases if there’s no spec change.

Weber00

Jul 13, 2020
Spain
There’s no spec change on the Rail 7 but the yellow/green has been replaced with green/navy.
Hi,
So in the Dnister Black / Rage Red color there is absolutely no change, not even color between the 2020 and 2021 model.

How customers will differentiate the 2021 model from the 2020?

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
Hi,
So in the Dnister Black / Rage Red color there is absolutely no change, not even color between the 2020 and 2021 model.

How customers will differentiate the 2021 model from the 2020?
Absolutely no difference between the 2. Called in my LBS on Saturday morning for the software update on our 2 Rails and they have a 2021 XL Rail 7 in stock in red/black and there’s no difference. Maybe if the LBS does a print out the model year is quoted then.

d7e8wd

May 11, 2020
UK
Absolutely no difference between the 2. Called in my LBS on Saturday morning for the software update on our 2 Rails and they have a 2021 XL Rail 7 in stock in red/black and there’s no difference. Maybe if the LBS does a print out the model year is quoted then.
Are they not on kiox?

Weber00

Jul 13, 2020
Spain
I can't understand this decisión that has made TREK and I think this is a big mistake from the marketing department. I was going to buy the 2021 Rail 7, I made the decisión in may and I have been waitning to july because of the new models and colors. Now if I want the RAIL 7, it will be exactly the same bike and color that was realeased in july 2019. It has no sense!!!!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The Trek website is still showing the Rail 7 as a 2020 bike, not a 2021.

d7e8wd

May 11, 2020
UK
I can't understand this decisión that has made TREK and I think this is a big mistake from the marketing department. I was going to buy the 2021 Rail 7, I made the decisión in may and I have been waitning to july because of the new models and colors. Now if I want the RAIL 7, it will be exactly the same bike and color that was realeased in july 2019. It has no sense!!!!

It's still very good lol..

Weber00

Jul 13, 2020
Spain
Yeah, I know, but some webs are showing the new models and they don't change.

It's still very good lol..
Yeas It's still very good bike, but with almost two years old !!!! Trek does not want to make even a slight color change, at least this fact would justify the rise in price for 2021. Good business for Trek

Just240

Jan 18, 2020
Switzerland
Here's my new (picked up at the weekend) 2021 Rail 7 which has the "new" colour "Miami Green/Nautical Navy". However, it's exactly same spec as 2020 model. IMO the colour looks the same as 2020 "Teal/Nautical Navy" Rail 9 but, maybe "Miami Green" is a bit brighter than "Teal"? Here's a Link to a UK site with all the 2021 Trek models.

IMG_3153.jpeg

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Yeah, I know, but some webs are showing the new models and they don't change.

Yeas It's still very good bike, but with almost two years old !!!! Trek does not want to make even a slight color change, at least this fact would justify the rise in price for 2021. Good business for Trek

The Red And Grey was a very popular colour, everyone loved it, the yellow and blue 7 not do much. Why would they change something that was very popular? Makes total sense to me to keep the colour if nothing else was changing, its less than a year old and all of the 2020 stock sold out months before expected. Trek are not making a bad business decision, they will sell every 2021 model they make. A good bike with great reviews will sell. I think the Euro/Pound has a lot to do with the price increase .. The 7 is £195 more expensive than last year .. its just a number, no one really pays the list price do they?? If you do, then lessons to be learned, Local bike shop rather than online, local shop always willing to give a little discount I have found.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles