Levo Gen 2 2021 Levo Motor Failures?

Pedal Strike

Apr 20, 2020
At the trail
I have similar experiences. I had a 2019 Levo first motor blew about after 1500km, second one after 900km. Third one was updated version that one lasted about 3000km. Updated motor was better but not even close on the problem free 16 000km I was promised when i bought the bike. :D

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Joining the list of failed motors Levos -
LBS have handled extremely well and so far very pleased! - Strictly untrue as motor has failed after circa 3000kms
On purchase I knew the risks with motors, so very glad the LBS have excelled on claim processing!

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
An Absolutely seamless motor swap
Huge Thanks to Bike Remedy, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
Motor swapped within 3 hours and wheel circumference change to suit 27.5” - First class service!
Certainly supports my later thoughts that you buy more than the bike, warranty & shop should be prioritised
impeccable on both counts!

Old motor # xxxxxx-100201030-x-xxxx
New motor # xxxxxx-200211029-x-xxxx

I kind of get the manufacturing date being 29th Oct 2021
Id ask is the significance in the 100 vs 200, is this 2.1/2.2 motors ?

After a full on post winter service, hopefully all should be well for some time!

Last edited:

TG1971

Nov 14, 2020
Yorkshire
I bought my Levo comp in June 2021 as my shimano e8000 emtb motor went after 8 months and got a full refund due to no parts available but now after I’ve done 2500 miles on the Levo it started making noises really grinding and my lbs has told it is the bearing in the motor have gone, I ride natural cross country rides and trail centres don’t jet wash the bike, I know it’s under Warranty but don’t I find this really irritating the money you pay and the can’t make a motor waterproof it is a MTB after all, also had the chain guide fall apart and the wheels bearings in the time have had it, love the fact that Specialized have a longer warranty period for the motor but I think this will be the last emtb I buy unless they improve motor reliability

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
2022 levo comp alloy less than 100 miles.....bike just turned off mid ride, luckily I wasn't deep in a valley and was able to cruise down hill to the truck.

Bike is back at LBS....I took a chance knowing the history of the levo motors. Was hoping that they had all of the issues fixed. This is my 3rd ebike and only one I've had issue with.

Seriously not enthused about the reliability. Don't want to venture far or go on vacation with a bike that I don't have confidence in.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Turbo Levo Comp - 7000 miles. I'm now getting to the state where the warranty runs out soon but the extended motor-only warranty continues for another 2 years. There are a lot more things that go wrong on these bikes than just the motors. Had more problems with the dropper, gears, suspension, wheels and cables.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles