Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo - Battery Failures

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I had a battery fail on my Turbo Levo Comp. After 200 charge cycles. The age of the bike is 3 years and 5 months.

Battery drained VERY fast on its final ride. I knew there was something seriously wrong when it was at 50% charge at 5 miles.

After that it was completely dead - It would not charge at all.

This is when the Mission Control App was stating that the battery was at 100% Health only weeks earlier.

I would be interested in hearing about any other battery failures from other members on here ? Interested in the age of the bike, how many charge cycles and how much the replacement battery cost

Last edited:

RiderOnTheStorm

@Grannyjones, it sounds like a battery replacement may be needed. 200 charge cycles is rather low and below the 300 manufacturer guaranteed cycles if I recall.

Have you had the battery diagnosed at a local dealer? 🤷‍♀️

See also this other thread which may get you some answers. Many forum members posted about their battery experience, best practices and troubleshooting tips. Good luck!

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
The only failure I've had was a gen1 battery doa (thanks Rutland 😕) warrantied by Berkshire cycles.
My gen2's have been fine for 3+ years touch wood and counting.
500 g2 can be had used from £300 or so which is reasonable.
I would be miffed if my 700 failed though as they are pricey.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
We had a battery failure recently on a Vado (same battery as Levo ?): it started shutting off motor power while showing 50%, then after a couple times of that it stopped providing power to the motor at all. A new battery fixed it.
The battery is 4 years old with about 6500 miles on it so we can't complain too much.

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
I've just had a battery replaced under warranty on my Gen 3. The temperature sensor decided it was too cold to charge a few weeks ago when the temp was 20 degrees. Not too sure on charge cycles but the bike has covered roughly 1100 miles.

Warranty was sorted within 2 weeks of me actually getting the bike to the shop.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles