20200519_185903.jpg

20200519_185934.jpg

Manufacturer: VITUS
Model: E-SENITER
Model Year: 2020
Price Paid: 1954
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 7

Review: wanted to get this review out purely because I struggled to find anything out there on this bike, so hopefully this will help some one.

I have had the bike a couple of weeks now and covered just over a 100 miles so I will keep it to the point but inclusive of the main points I was keen to find out.

I am usually riding Full Suss DH or Enduro bikes but after sometime off after a motor bike crash and breaking my leg and knee i wanted to slow it down some so a HT E-Bike with a slack enough head angle to have some fun on the trails and I can use daily to commute seemed the best way to go and I loved the look of the E Seniter and after alot of research on the STEPS system I decided to go fo this with the plan to upgrade parts as I wore them out.
first thing I want to point out is the spec as listed on Chain Reaction, This bike is listed as having the Shimano E8014, BT-E8014 for STePS, 418W battery and the DU-E7000 drive unit, when in fact it have the larger 504W battery and the drive unit is the more powerful DU-E8000 which for me was a very welcomed surprise.
Battery life has been good, with a mix of ECO and TRAIL I have been getting around 37 to 44 miles out of a charge, add some heavy BOOST usage and it seems to be around the 30 mile range. In ECO it will cover my 12mile a day commute over 4 days and still have some life left.

The ALTUS 1X9 gears are not the best but they do the job, the gearing is a little funny for me finding myself flicking up and down a lot as one gear will be to easy and the next slightly to hard, i will be changing to 11 speed in the near future.

The brakes are good but i highly recommend upgrading the pads and rotors as they suffer from brake fade on the fast downhills.

The NUKEPROOF finishing kit (Bars) are nice and wide with just the right amount of rise.

The SUNTOUR forks are actually excellent at only 120mm travel I vehad then on some hard trails and even my 110kg bulk hasnt had them bottomed out yet !!

The seat post is really long and its the first thing a changed, adding a Reverb dropper is a must !! I e also changed the saddle but purely based on my preference, the factory saddle is very comfortable (vitus branded)

Wheels and tyres i just cant find fault with they grip as well as Maxxis DH minions and roll great on the road, great all rounders. the 2.4 tyres offer alot of cushioning so its not a hard riding HT

The paint finish looks greats however its chips so so easily the rear wheel sits close to the frame and was fairly badly chipped after its first ride out, if you precious get a frame protector on it !!!

weight of the bike is 23kg, battery and front wheel removed its just under 20kg (if you a looking at any kind of suction rook rack this is helpful)

Overall the like rides great on all terrains but can really come to life in the trails I was so surprised with how handles and how much the suspension can take a perfect all rounder. Battery has been better than I thought. the gears really need changing but for me it wasnt worth the extra £800 to get the higher spec VR model just for the better gears.
I have had an issue with the bike not recording the milage correctly on the ODOMETER but ofter being in contact with Shimano it was a user error as i was powering the bike down to soon after stopping.

Thanks for reading and i will update as my journey goes on and any more upgrades i do !

P.S the tape on the frame is temporary and for the dropper as its not a stealth post.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thanks for taking the time to post up a review - it’s definitely the best of the HY options out there right now - but I am biased as I have one too, though the only original things left on it are the motor , frame and wheels.

Benny22

May 9, 2020
Otley
Thanks for taking the time to read it
I have a few bits to go on ... Fat bars, hope stem and Xt brakes but only as cosmetic upgrades and is I have them off my old Dh bike ..Out of the box it's all more than usable ! So in no rush to get them on

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ha, sure when I bought mine they came with a higher spec, same as the E-Sommett VR pretty much. You can read about what I did to mine here, I went too far really :cool::

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles