Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Trip to QE Country Park Saturday honesty epic the confidence I’ve grown in the bike is amazing now, such a shame the red runs there haven’t been used and just too leafy haha

A3A6BF04-5EEC-453A-B063-0EACA4968A9E.jpeg

C9AF1F77-7B0B-47C1-BBB3-7665A8A9EC81.jpeg

Bike

RichAE

Nov 4, 2019
London
I have black which I like a lot, but the storm grey looks sweet. If it wasn’t for the fact that I always get black bikes I would have done storm gray. I get black bikes because my wife never notices new bikes that way...

haha!

Thought I'd reply back that I went with a Storm Grey Comp which I picked up three weeks ago.

My first real test of it was at Brechfa Forest a couple of weekends ago, riding with a large group of friends of which only one of them was also on an emtb. As I'd not been able to range test it and the Gorlech trail is a good distance with a lot of climbing, I tried to keep it in Eco and then used Trail when needed. However, when I got to the end of the ride, I'd still got more than 65% of battery remaining, so I could have easily used more power without issue.

That said, the following day as we were riding shorter trails, I used way more Turbo mode as I wasn't worried about exhausting the battery. However, that does then start to show up the fact that you are so much faster on the climbs and fireroads than those without the assistance that you almost want to be riding with everyone on an emtb!

Overall, it's a lot of fun and I came away from the weekend having had fun without feeling like I'd been absolutely destroyed by it.

I actually never got around to taking a photo of it while it was shiny and new, so this is the best I've got at the moment. Only thing I've changed so far is adding a SicoMTB rear and front mudguard. Rear has worked out well, but the front after a couple of rides has started to warp and drag quite a bit.

Turbo.jpg

Bike

This happened tonight. Renthal 30mm Rise Carbon w/ 40mm Apex Stem. Should be fairly close to OEM geometry (coming up 3mm higher and back 5mm from stock). I've got some revgrips coming in soon. I think this setup will reduce some of the hand fatigue I'm getting

View attachment 21355
May be soon you are going to upgrade brakes? i find big step with shimano saints other history my friend

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Picked up my black Friday 2020 expert today.
Only managed a small ride as it was getting dark and I don't have lights yet, but first impressions are this thing is brilliant!

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Well after 1 day of ownership, my bike is back with Specialized concept store until Tuesday (hopefully).
I had an issue with the front brake and because they didn't have any to swap, have ordered some Shimano XTR brakes for front and back instead.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Well after 1 day of ownership, my bike is back with Specialized concept store until Tuesday (hopefully).
I had an issue with the front brake and because they didn't have any to swap, have ordered some Shimano XTR brakes for front and back instead.

What issue?

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
When first pressing the brake, I could feel it engage, but subsequent dabbing would bring the handle down to the grip and loose braking force.
They bled both front and back brakes, but it had no effect on the front.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
When first pressing the brake, I could feel it engage, but subsequent dabbing would bring the handle down to the grip and loose braking force.
They bled both front and back brakes, but it had no effect on the front.

thats weird

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Yeah, at first they said it sounded like an air bubble, but then when the guy brought the bike back out, he was saying he'd never seen anything like it before, and perhaps a seal somewhere was the issue.
He wanted to strip the brake right down on the bench and start from scratch but then a swap was suggested and agreed to.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Sorry to hear you don't have luck with brakes.
Before I got my Levo Comp 2020 I wanted to have only XT or XTR brakes on my bike and was also considering to replace them for XT from very start, but it turned out I gived SRAM Guide Re (old Code) a chance and now almost 1000 kms with SRAMs I'm very happy with them, they have much better modulation and are quite powerful too - I'm braking with one fringer all the time and have no issues at all. Now I wouldn't replace them for Shimano no matter what ... only thing I'm considering is to put 220mm rotor in front and maybe organic pads when these are worn out, otherwise top brakes!

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Can anyone tell me if the Shimano XTR are supposed to be a better/worse/similar spec compared to SRAM Code R?
Are they the right type of brakes for an ebike?

Last edited:

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Yeah, at first they said it sounded like an air bubble, but then when the guy brought the bike back out, he was saying he'd never seen anything like it before, and perhaps a seal somewhere was the issue.
He wanted to strip the brake right down on the bench and start from scratch but then a swap was suggested and agreed to.
Can’t imagine what would cause that except some kind of hydraulic leak

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Just collected my bike again and the new brakes feel really good, lighter to pull than the SRAM ones.
and best of all, they work properly lol

Hopefully this will be my last visit to the shop for a while now (until my free service at least).

Unfortunately I have to go back to work again though instead of breaking them in :(

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Had mine for 6 weeks now, but I've been laid up with a bronchial cold thing and have really missed being able to go out on it. It doesn't look like I'll be able to this weekend either other than a jaunt round the block to see how ghastly my lungs feel in the cold wet air.
IMG_7170.JPG

Its now bedecked with mudguards.

ibisacura

Dec 13, 2019
Colorado
Anyone here who have the base Levo 2020 model with the RockShox 35 29 fork?

I am in the research stages of buying my first e-bike, and would like to know if the RockShox fork is a terrible fork or not. The price range here in South Africa is a bit too much for my wallet to get the Comp version with the Lyrik .

I currently ride a Giant Reign with 160mm Pike fork, it takes a beating and has been good over the years.

Any ideas / suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

View attachment 22121
I am curious too as I bought basic version but will probably ungrade fork when I can

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
New mods: F & R

Much faster now that I can depend on my brakes doing there job. The stock levelT’s just wont cut it on a bike this big.

CA41D852-6C74-460B-A236-802596DAACE7.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles