2020 Turbo Levo flip chip

ifu03558

Mar 11, 2019
Glasgow
Hi does the 2020 turbo Levo come with the flip chip in the high or low setting from the shop? Watched a video and it seems a wee bit of hassle to change so if I know it may save me a job. Cheers

Krgolob

Jul 15, 2019
Slovenia
So I’ve been playing with flip chip on my ’20 Turbo Levo. My LBS upgraded the fork from 34/150 to 36/160 already from new in the store and my flip position was in low. I’ve been riding bike like that for 1,5 year.

I had frequent wheelies on steep climbs when hitting a rock and if I was too ambitious I could also find myself falling on my back. Tuning the fork helped to some extent, but would sacrifice downhill abilities. Also rear shock ended to be too stiff and the bike lost some of the playfulness because of that. On a positive note, the bike went down like a tank.

On high position the fork position is now more steep and the bike gained more uphill abilities. It is much more planted thru technical climbs, there is virtually no more wheelies. On downhills the bike feels shorter and more agile, nimble, and with shorter turning circle feels much more alive. Like a bike and not the tank. There is slight loss of downhill stability and for that you have to move your weight more to the back, but the agility, uphill capabilities and playfulness all across the trails, makes it worth the change.

If you upgrade the first fork on your Levo to 160mm, than switching the flip chip to high position is a must by my opinion.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Hi does the 2020 turbo Levo come with the flip chip in the high or low setting from the shop? Watched a video and it seems a wee bit of hassle to change so if I know it may save me a job. Cheers
its not a hassle at all, its a piece of piss to do mate..
I changed the fork to 160 and still run it in the low setting btw, shoulda bought a kenevo :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles