2019 Levo flip-chip

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
The manual for my 2019 Turbo Levo FSR says that turning the flip-chip will increase bottom bracket height by 5-6mm. I understand that this is to compensate for the height difference if you swap out the 29 “wheels for 27.5”. But when I do a comparison of wheel size, I get a difference in standover height of 4-5cm depending on tyre height. These two measurements don’t seem to correlate - can anyone assist? For clarity I’m thinking of putting on a set of 27.5 wheels for better agility and a little more standover height. Thanks!

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
The manual for my 2019 Turbo Levo FSR says that turning the flip-chip will increase bottom bracket height by 5-6mm. I understand that this is to compensate for the height difference if you swap out the 29 “wheels for 27.5”. But when I do a comparison of wheel size, I get a difference in standover height of 4-5cm depending on tyre height. These two measurements don’t seem to correlate - can anyone assist? For clarity I’m thinking of putting on a set of 27.5 wheels for better agility and a little more standover height. Thanks!
How can that possibly be 4-5 cm ?

Here is the difference between a 27.5 and 29” running respectively a 2.8 and a 2.5 tire - I would say 10 mm maximum.

image.jpg

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
Thanks - just re-measured and the difference in wheel radius including tyres is 2.5cm. Allowing for a slightly higher tyre that would give a difference of 2cm. I wonder if it’s worth it in terms of agility and standover??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles