2019 Levo flip chip

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Hey guys, I’ve read conflicting statements on the flip chip. Some say the flip chip should be set to low for 29s and high for 27.5. My Levo came with it on what appears to be the high setting. Any feedback is appreciated!

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
If you are on 29er's set it low. The point of it is to "counter" the changes in axle height between 27.5 and 29. A "mullet" setup would mainly benefit here as you might want to bring the rear of the bike back up to match the taller front end. Your bike SHOULD have been in the low setting for the 29er. At the end of the day, try both and find what you like, running a lower rear slacks out the head angle a tad aiding down hill stability

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
If you are on 29er's set it low. The point of it is to "counter" the changes in axle height between 27.5 and 29. A "mullet" setup would mainly benefit here as you might want to bring the rear of the bike back up to match the taller front end. Your bike SHOULD have been in the low setting for the 29er. At the end of the day, try both and find what you like, running a lower rear slacks out the head angle a tad aiding down hill stability
Thanks. Ideally I would run low and get shorter cranks to avoid pedal strikes. Lots of rocks in Colorado. I put 29's on my '18 and it raised the bottom bracket a ton. Pedal strikes went away but it didn't corner that well because of the high bottom bracket.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles