Levo Gen 2 Major flip chip benefit

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Levo 2020 with 160 mm travel lyric ultimate fork and just flipped the flip chip to the high position from the OEM low to lessen pedal strikes, which it has done nicely. Immediately noticed quicker turning in general, similar to the OEM 150 mm travel fork that the bike came with, which has turned out to be a real benefit in our technical terrain. Would highly recommend anyone with a longer travel fork trying this since it only takes 10 minutes to flip it. In retrospect it makes sense, but I haven't expected it to be that noticeable.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I guess it depends if you actually want the slightly more slack head angle that comes with increasing fork travel to 160mm, or not. Personally I have left the flip chip on low and like the bike handling.
Given the 2021 bikes have gone 160 I wonder if they are still shipped with the flip chip in the low position?

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Yes that will be interesting to see. We have no 2021s in our area yet. I'll have to check it when they do come. I initially thought I would prefer the slacker head angle as well, but now realize the steering input is far more important to my riding. Our terrain probably differs however. Thanks for the input.

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
I guess it depends if you actually want the slightly more slack head angle that comes with increasing fork travel to 160mm, or not. Personally I have left the flip chip on low and like the bike handling.
Given the 2021 bikes have gone 160 I wonder if they are still shipped with the flip chip in the low position?
Yep. It is in the low position.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I have a 2021 alloy comp and it came with the 160 mm fork with the chip set to low
Will try the other setting out of interest tho

AWB

Jul 9, 2020
Germany
I ride a 2020 Levo with stock suspension and the flip chip is in position "high".
This, together with a smaller front tire (=lower by 5mm), gets partially rid of that pesky chopper feeling. Still a far cry from a real MTB, but way better than the original.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I just upgraded the Debonair from the stock 2020 Levo Comp 150mm to the new version 160mm and decided to switch the flip chip to high at the same time. Since it's full on winter here I've only had a chance to do one short ride but the steering feels similar to the 150mm/low. However, the bottom bracket seems massively higher. I didn't expect a few mm would make much difference but I swear I can just about walk under the bike now ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles