2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
lol thats funny but i was thinking more about robs old bike has 27.5 wheels and his new one has 29

Gatano

Sep 8, 2018
Italy
lol thats funny but i was thinking more about robs old bike has 27.5 wheels and his new one has 29
I know, mine was just a joke as now we also have Blevo on 2019 bikes and the ones with 2018 models can't run away from us (I also have a 2019 Levo on order)

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
So I bought my wife a new Turbo Levo whilst we’re away in Corfu.....Well at least that’s what I told her it was!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

761C1A74-C441-4DF3-A2D7-216D981992D0.jpeg

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
Any idea what happens when the button battery in the frame TCU dies?
Is there a warning of low power? I believe there is a spare battery in the unit but requires tweezers to remove it.

Jan 29, 2018
Nottingham
Any idea what happens when the button battery in the frame TCU dies?
Is there a warning of low power? I believe there is a spare battery in the unit but requires tweezers to remove it.

I haven't tested it, but as far as I'm aware the button battery is only there to store clock data and error logs, and the TCU draws power from the battery for it's other uses.

TheLexus

Sep 22, 2018
Germany/Saxony
I've read that there are problems with the brose mag that are investigated by spec... have someone else more information about that?

The guess was it has something todo with the noise.

EDIT: Information is comming from a dealer and it has something todo with the noise. Now we cannot order the bike anymore until there are newer information. :cry:

Last edited:

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
he button battery is only there to store clock data and error logs, and the TCU draws power from the battery for it's other uses.

YES. It's a CR2016 coin cell. There is a "battery low" warning that will show, and no loss of functionality if it ran out.

Only extra thing this coin cell does is to artificially prolong the "on" button press/hold time to approx 1 second, so that the bike can self-check on start up correctly before powering on. If the battery did run out, you'd just need to hold the on button for 1 second rather than just pressing it quickly.

Gee68

Jul 30, 2018
England
I've read that there are problems with the brose mag that are investigated by spec... have someone else more information about that?

The guess was it has something todo with the noise.

EDIT: Information is comming from a dealer and it has something todo with the noise. Now we cannot order the bike anymore until there are newer information. :cry:
I rode mine for the first time last night and the noise from the motor when under load is quite off putting.:(
Other than that the bike felt good but I only had half an hour on it.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Hmm, I don't remember the pre production motor unit I rode beeing very noisy. Sure, there was a bit of noise at high rpm. But my impression was it was still pretty quiet. But I have ridden a lot of Shimano E8000 and Bosch Performance CX lately.

Could be the production unit is more noisy than the pre prod. then...

Last edited:

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Yes a fair few of the standard cheat chants!
I just dont get why people say its cheating. How can you be cheating unless you are in an event where there are rules and therefore you are not abiding by some rule. Its just for fun in my view and an eMTB allows me to have way more fun.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Basically Freeborn sell most bikes at 15% off rrp- the same discount applies to the Alloy Comp so you can pick one up for I think £4300 from them.

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Basically Freeborn sell most bikes at 15% off rrp- the same discount applies to the Alloy Comp so you can pick one up for I think £4300 from them.
AH ok cool. Might have to give them a ring as that M in blue is what Im after. Berkshire cycles are awaiting for more stock so not sure hoe long I would have to wait.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would get on the phone quick as it was the only one they had in stock so may be gone

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
Just picked up my basic levo in Hypa yellow, rode 15 miles home, wouldn’t say the motor is noisy, however on paved sections lots of tyre noise.

Looking forward to a proper ride out.

RockinRick

Sep 13, 2018
USA
I rode mine for the first time last night and the noise from the motor when under load is quite off putting.:(
Other than that the bike felt good but I only had half an hour on it.
My Dealer said they have stopped shipment (as mentioned) and some motors are noisy and some are not. Our dealer is going to have owners bring their new bikes back to check what they have. Then looking for a direction from Spec on a fix etc...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles