2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
Hopefully this makes things a bit easier for anyone trying to compare them, i am useless at spreadsheets so excuse any errors, i can email it to anyone if they think they can improve it.

EDIT: Now included weights for each model, with the battery they come with - i.e Expert and S-Works weight is with 700wh battery.

I have not listed motor in the spreadsheet as this is same across range.

View attachment 5598
R120, where did you get the weight of the bikes from? EMBN said the S-Works was 19.5kgs but maybe that was for the medium.

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
2019 basic, second ride today 25 miles.
Well it was my fault, regarding my previous comment about difficulty in connecting plug, I’m a clutz.

Noise, not noticed it noisy, I previously had a Scott with a Brose and it sounds no louder.

Distinct hum from hubs on tarmac.

Mission control faultless and connects to bike rapidly in my opinion.

Happy days.

Bought from Edinburgh coop cycles Newcastle , great service by the way.

GunnyAmp

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
Just joined the owners circle...

Amazing bike, certainly a step up from the old levo and everything I was hoping for.
I got a large, which feels bigger than the old levo large. I think the motor made a bit more noise, but I’m sure I was listening harder for it since all the chatter about it online?

Super nimble, fast and playful. The color is quite special, although better in bright light (unlike my photo...) now I need some time to dial in the fork and shock...

E30F58A8-30EA-4F41-97F4-FE4CFB01E0A2.jpeg

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

Amazing bike, certainly a step up from the old levo and everything I was hoping for.
I got a large, which feels bigger than the old levo large. I think the motor made a bit more noise, but I’m sure I was listening harder for it since all the chatter about it online?

Super nimble, fast and playful. The color is quite special, although better in bright light (unlike my photo...) now I need some time to dial in the fork and shock...

View attachment 5659

Amazing bike and welcome! Can you post some more photos when you can with some NZ scenery in the background. I know it will make me feel really homesick but it is what it is ?

Last edited:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK

View attachment 5659
You did well getting an S-Works, we have to wait until November I think. Enjoy and we’ll look forward to more feed back (y)

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I just ordered a 2019 womans Turbo Levo HT today for my wife. She is not a trail rider by any means so HT will do just fine and most importantly we can get some air in our faces together - In the end the decision was easy, I needed a extra battery for my longer rides and the poor specs will not last long as her bike will get my old parts when I upgrade my own 2018 FSR Comp carbon ?

Anybody knows if the 2019 can run with 27.5 and 2.8 tires?

3E1807AE-E88C-4C87-86E9-04421A0A5F8D.png

Karsten

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
I just ordered a 2019 womans Turbo Levo HT today for my wife. She is not a trail rider by any means so HT will do just fine and most importantly we can get some air in our faces together - In the end the decision was easy, I needed a extra battery for my longer rides and the poor specs will not last long as her bike will get my old parts when I upgrade my own 2018 FSR Comp carbon ?

View attachment 5663

Karsten
Yes; from what I've read - the 2019 can run up to 27.5 x 3.0" tires.

GunnyAmp

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO
I just ordered a 2019 womans Turbo Levo HT today for my wife. She is not a trail rider by any means so HT will do just fine and most importantly we can get some air in our faces together - In the end the decision was easy, I needed a extra battery for my longer rides and the poor specs will not last long as her bike will get my old parts when I upgrade my own 2018 FSR Comp carbon

View attachment 5663

Karsten

What was the delivery date on this? Thinking about ordering one for my wife as well.

GunnyAmp

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO
I know I have seen it somewhere on the spesh site but cannot seem to locate it again. What is the max weight of rider on the comp carbon? Thinking of changing my order from the base model but weigh in at 270 lbs and don’t want to go over max. Any big boys riding carbon bikes?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I know I have seen it somewhere on the spesh site but cannot seem to locate it again. What is the max weight of rider on the comp carbon? Thinking of changing my order from the base model but weigh in at 270 lbs and don’t want to go over max. Any big boys riding carbon bikes?
2018 model is max 120 kg as far as I know.

Karsten

GunnyAmp

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO
2018 model is max 120 kg as far as I know.

Karsten

That puts me over the line. Guess I will stay with the base model

Firefighter Guy

Sep 15, 2018
Minnesota, USA
They should have called the color "yellow highlighter" cause that's what it looks like in person. Very pleased with the bike so far (25 miles or so)

View attachment 5571
Nice! I just picked up the same bike yesterday. The color is growing on me. Couldn't justify the extra $1000 and wait until next spring to get comp. Very happy with the ride and base components thus far. Only XL Levo my dealer in Minnesota is getting until next year!

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
One question to the 2019 Levo owners: Are you happy with the Buther 29 x 2.6 tyres, especially as front tyre? I bought a 29er wheel set for my 2018 Levo and I´m not sure about the tyre set up. There has been a test with the Hillbilly (front) and Butcher (rear) setup, but the new Levo comes with Butcher front and rear. Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles