2019 Specialized Turbo Levo Review

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Great video! Good to see a long term review from an actual owner.

I'm encourage by Spesh making refinements to the build and also being open about problems and what they're doing down the line to fix them.

You say the noisy motor was replaced? Was that a quick and painless process?

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello

I'm a little confused about this review.
If I see the price and than have to deal with quality issues (Motor, Housing design), weak components (34er fork compared to Lyriks or 36er on other bikes), a dropper post, that I have to replace, and a unsuitable wheelset, I'm asking, if the rest justifies the price.
If you have some money left over, go for it.
Otherwise, since model year 2018, the level of the E-Bikes is so high, that you don't have to support companies with disputable model/price policy.
Canyon, Vitus, Commencal, Merida are all very good E-MTBs.

Bye

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Hello

I'm a little confused about this review.
If I see the price and than have to deal with quality issues (Motor, Housing design), weak components (34er fork compared to Lyriks or 36er on other bikes), a dropper post, that I have to replace, and a unsuitable wheelset, I'm asking, if the rest justifies the price.
If you have some money left over, go for it.
Otherwise, since model year 2018, the level of the E-Bikes is so high, that you don't have to support companies with disputable model/price policy.
Canyon, Vitus, Commencal, Merida are all very good E-MTBs.

Bye
The reason is ultimately you can't judge a bike by it's components, it's how it rides, and the new Levo is a step forward to the regular ebike.
Yes agreed the motor issue is an annoyance that should have been picked up before sale, but it gets changed with no drama.
This is another reason the levo is so good, after sales service.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles