2019 Specialized Kenevo Comp Tech Questions...

Ocotillo Boy

Jan 27, 2019
Phelan
Howdy y'all! New here, and new to E Bikes! Got some questions I can't seem to find the answers to.

I just picked up a brand new 2019 Specialized Kenevo Comp. I have the Fox rear shock on mine. I can't seem to find anywhere the MFG recommended baseline suspension settings. I've looked on here, google and Specialized website as well as my owners manual.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Very excited to try this thing out today for the first time! Going to try to find some trails down here near Santee Lakes.

This is the only pic I have right now but hoping to get a couple more today.

I seem to have got the Specialized Ride App working, got Angi working, Turbo Connect display working and Mission Control working.

I think I've got all my ergonomics and controls setup now I just need to do my suspension and tire pressure which I don't know what psi to do either.

Thanks in advance, OB :cool:

IMG_3228.jpeg

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Hi Dude the first thing to do is weigh yourself fully kitted up camel back and all if that’s what you use. The reason for this is to find out what spring rate you should have on your shock. It’s the most important thing with a coil shock get that right and it’s pretty easy from there on.
Add 5 kg extra to your overall body weight total , the reason for this is it’s an ebike.
Which is heavier than a normal mtb.
Check the tinterweb for a Fox spring rate guide or phone TF tuned and they will tell you what size spring you need for your weight.
Fingers crossed the one on your bike will be the right size for you (the spring weight and size will be written on your spring.
You shouldn’t need to give it loads of preload if the springs right. (Turning the spring and nut ) start with enough so your springs not loose on the shock body and go from there.
Rebound and compression is up to your style of riding , generally for rebound I drop test the back wheel if it bounces slack off a bit till it doesn’t bounce , again it’s rider preference and riding style that is key here.
Keep notes of settings and keep trying till it feels right to you it takes time but worth the field tests
Hope this helps and happy riding ??

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Also tyre pressure is personal preference and trails specific
I like more air in my tyres but again only my preference here.
Start high and drop pressure till it feels right for you.

Ocotillo Boy

Jan 27, 2019
Phelan
Thanks for the replies Kris. Trying to figure out a baseline setting for all of it. Having a hard time finding any info on this...

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Thanks for the replies Kris. Trying to figure out a baseline setting for all of it. Having a hard time finding any info on this...

Set the front fork sag to 30%, psi is irrelevant, it's the sag that has to be correct

Set the damping adjusters in the middle (count the clicks on each, from fully clockwise to fully anti-clockwise), then adjust to suit you.

Set the tyre pressure to something like 25psi for starters, drop it a bit if you find yourself washing out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles