installing hope Tech 3 brakes on 2018 Kenevo

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Hi! i want to install my old Hope tech 3 dual piston brakes on my kenevo, but dont know what to do about remounting the shifter and seatpost dropper?
as these mount directly onto the brake clamps on the stock "code 5" brakes.. and my old hope's have a regular (old style) clamp.
has anyone done this? im sure some of you have..
found this Hope adapter.. can anyone tell me if this will sove my problem?
Hope Tech 3 Shifter Mount | Chain Reaction Cycles

1554833028143.png

Thanks!!!
Tim

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Looking at my kenevo dropper, you'll need a sram mount for the dropper lever, and the correct one for the brand of shifter you have

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Looking at my kenevo dropper, you'll need a sram mount for the dropper lever, and the correct one for the brand of shifter you have
have you done this? how did you solve it?
thanks
TIM

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Tech 3 levers already have ispec b mount holes. To run SRAM you just need the mounts in your first post. Unless early tech 3 were different

The ones you have ordered are for the older Tech (not 3) type lever

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Tech 3 levers already have ispec b mount holes. To run SRAM you just need the mounts in your first post. Unless early tech 3 were different

The ones you have ordered are for the older Tech (not 3) type lever

You are absolutely correct! ?
And thanks for the " heads up"!
But what I have are the older " tech" master cylinder's from about ten years ago..
It was my mistake calling them " tech 3" ...
These are the ones I have:
IMG_20190412_075640.jpg
these are the ones on my trail bike.. I'll be taking my other set with the v4 calipers off my old downhill bike, to put on my new Kenevo!
Thanks
Tim

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
O.k. got the hope tech to sram piggyback adapters I posted before, not cheap! At about 18$ a piece..
Installed the front brake, haven't had time to figure out the cable routing to do the rear one yet..
The adapters are easy to use, just replace the existing " clamshell" of your tech lever mount with the new ones! And bolt on the shifter to one of the screw holes that allows horizontal adjustment (left to right) to get the positioning of your thumb on the shifter just right! Unfortunately it has no vertical ( up down) adjustment as the original one did.. but found the position of the shifter to be perfect for me.
I also transferred my hope mono 203 discs, at the same time.. and the only issues I had installing everything was with the calipers, that required a small washer spacer under the mount to keep the disc rotor from touching the caliper safety pin that holds the pads..odd.
But it all worked out.
And now I'm loving! Using my hope brake! Still the best out there! Imho.
Tim
IMG_20190423_220043.jpg
IMG_20190423_220129.jpg
IMG_20190423_220153.jpg

Reactions: Dax

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hope's look so "tech". Like to try s pair some day. I was under the impression that there is some kind of power pause for the motor. Not sure of what the technical term is but I thought with them when you hit the brakes there's an actuator that also pauses or free wheels the motor somehow. Is that something? Do you have that? Or installed it?

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
The only ebike systems I've seen which has a brake switch are aftermarket conversions like bafang. Certainly specialized do not have a switch or sensor on the levo or kenevo.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
The only ebike systems I've seen which has a brake switch are aftermarket conversions like bafang. Certainly specialized do not have a switch or sensor on the levo or kenevo.
Ok thanks. Gives me the option to use my saints on an ebike if it comes with guides. For some reason I thought they all had some actuator

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Ok thanks. Gives me the option to use my saints on an ebike if it comes with guides. For some reason I thought they all had some actuator

Not on the kenevo, anyway..
You can pedal while pressing the brakes, all you want! ??
Tim

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles