2019 Levo FSR (or other long batteries) - Carrying a Spare?

Would you want this flexibility on your current or next Emtb?

• Total voters

ksurfbob

Oct 1, 2018
family39emtb
It's great that the new Levo FSR battery fits nicely into the narrowed down tube, but how do you carry a spare, its very long?

This got me thinking "Is a linkable split battery a worthy idea?" 2 x 250wh or 2 x 375wh that linked together, or use individually for short sessions 1 x 250wh, the bike would be a little lighter and may have a wider appeal due to the weight drop? Much like what focus do with the "piggy back system" but much neater and easier to backpack if needed?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
It's great that the new Levo FSR battery fits nicely into the narrowed down tube, but how do you carry a spare, its very long?

This got me thinking "Is a linkable split battery a worthy idea?" 2 x 250wh or 2 x 375wh that linked together, or use individually for short sessions 1 x 250wh, the bike would be a little lighter and may have a wider appeal due to the weight drop? Much like what focus do with the "piggy back system" but much neater and easier to backpack if needed?
So instead of 20 kg it will be 19 kg?

From my perspective it does not matter before the bike get under 15 kg, until then it is just a very heavy FS bike ?

Karsten

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Currently deliberating what to do with my 2017 Levo
Range extender or carry a spare
Spare will fit in my backpack but it's chuffing heavy and awkward
The design of the 2019 battery certainly lends itself to a half length/ capacity battery which would work
I believe the new battery is even longer than previously.
Even more awkward to carry .
But a half length/ weight would be a winner
Sounds too simple and logical, i won't hold my breath

ksurfbob

Oct 1, 2018
family39emtb
So instead of 20 kg it will be 19 kg?

From my perspective it does not matter before the bike get under 15 kg, until then it is just a very heavy FS bike ?

Karsten

Really the main question is how to "Carry a Spare", meaning one of these long batteries, I know its far too long to fit into my backpack?

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Really the main question is how to "Carry a Spare", meaning one of these long batteries, I know its far too long to fit into my backpack?
I understand the dilemma but you highlighted a weight save too. Rob just did a video how to transport a 2019 battery and it is possible, however not optimum. Let’s hope that there will be a “Range extender” also for the 2019 model as that will be a better solution from my perspective.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles