Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo Custom Build...from FSR to S-Works and beyond

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
ok understood
but how did the guy who fixed the magnet to his crank arm and moved the sensor to suit achieve a higher cut off speed?

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
At 25 km/hour a 29” wheel with a 2200 mm circumference the wheel RPM is around 189 so any cadence under that will raise the speed limit.

Karsten

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
so i guess these tuning boxes you clamp over the sensor just miss every other revolution which would i guess double the cuttoff point

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
XX1 Mech should see much improved shifting over NX and save 75g to boot.
20181029_104036.jpg

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Probably gaining a few grams with this over the Fox lever, but it looks a lot more sturdy (& grippy - although i've not struggled with the Fox, just want MM compatibility). The pics online make it look big, this thing is dinky!

20181029_100512.jpg

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
Hi All Mountain Coaching(y), I've been following your progress with the build as I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing and buying the lower spec Levo when I can find one in stock!!
I have a donor bike with fox fork and shock both 140mm though and some next R cranks...did they fit btw? and some carbon wheels. I also have a Reverb post but have read that you say that was a bitch to fit...probably not looking forward to that then :confused: I'll probably have more questions if you don't mind answering what you can...until then I'll stop you on the chase if I see you. Cheers (y)

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Hi All Mountain Coaching(y), I've been following your progress with the build as I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing and buying the lower spec Levo when I can find one in stock!!
I have a donor bike with fox fork and shock both 140mm though and some next R cranks...did they fit btw? and some carbon wheels. I also have a Reverb post but have read that you say that was a bitch to fit...probably not looking forward to that then :confused: I'll probably have more questions if you don't mind answering what you can...until then I'll stop you on the chase if I see you. Cheers (y)

Hi mate, yeah, the base model and upgrades as and when makes total sense (and will save you money). I've ridden in standard form and apart from a missing dropper, it's not bad at all you know. Yes, the hydraulic dropper would be a proper PITA according to Spesh. That's why they promote cable operated ones. With KS, OneUp, and Brand X amongst others coming in pretty damn cheap, plus a lot less maintenance, makes sense.

No, the Next R cranks don't fit :(

Yeah! Look forward to seeing you over the Chase. You never know, we've probably already met. I'll be out next weekend chap :cool:(y)

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
Nice one...I'm looking on Strava and if I think you are who I'm looking at you don't need a motor in your bike!!!...you've got some speed mate:eek:

Looks like a brand x post might be needed then. My fox fork and shock are both 140mm...do you think that will affect the bike at all?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
LOL. Thanks chap, yeah, i tend to get a shift on :ROFLMAO:

It's funny, i can't touch my times on a normal bike with the ebike (just yet). But i'm getting kicks a different way. I'm not far off my times but on every stage of the ride. So it's fast the whole ride. PM me if you want and we can reveal the masks lol.

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
LOL. Thanks chap, yeah, i tend to get a shift on :ROFLMAO:

It's funny, i can't touch my times on a normal bike with the ebike (just yet). But i'm getting kicks a different way. I'm not far off my times but on every stage of the ride. So it's fast the whole ride. PM me if you want and we can reveal the masks lol.

I will do....although i'm to far down the leaderboard for you to know me :ROFLMAO:

Out of interest why did you not swap your fork and shock from your intense onto the Levo? I have the same and was thinking this was an option for me.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
That was the plan, but I cut the steerer too short on the fork. They even said, what if you sell it. I planned to keep that bike as it's the best I've ridden by far.

Don't think the shock fits and it'll help sell the frame. The next cranks don't fit either, shame. Oh well, live and learn.... And reason for new shiny bits

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I'm contemplating not getting the fox 36 right now. I didn't have any issues with the stock ones. It's a whole lot of coin £1k

Bought a new tyre, mm 2.35 addix soft. Which is currently on the front, so that'll go on rear to replace nn and new on front.

New 36t chain ring is in the post, as are some shiny ti chain ring bolts.

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
That was the plan, but I cut the steerer too short on the fork. They even said, what if you sell it. I planned to keep that bike as it's the best I've ridden by far.

Don't think the shock fits and it'll help sell the frame. The next cranks don't fit either, shame. Oh well, live and learn.... And reason for new shiny bits

I don't think I'll have to cut the steerer on my Fox 34 Float fork...it should just fit as is. It's only 140mm and not boost but I have some carbon rims to go with it :cool:
The shock I have is the Fox Float DPS Factory EVOL...which has an extended length of 200mm. Does anyone know if this will work on the Levo's 210mm extended length? Also I'll need a bike Yoke thingy to convert to the Specialized set up.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
chainreaction have fox factory 36 at £680 quid 29 boost
Yeah I saw that. It's the rc2 2018 model. I believe the equivalent grip2 model for 2019 is night and day better. £300 better?!? Orange lowers too. Must resist, must stealth.

Anyone Photoshop on some orange lowers to the bike for me?

I don't like that it's not quick release.

Couple of questions guys...

Is it an easy/cheap change to get qr?
Also, can you convert this to 2019 spec?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

I don't think I'll have to cut the steerer on my Fox 34 Float fork...it should just fit as is. It's only 140mm and not boost but I have some carbon rims to go with it :cool:
The shock I have is the Fox Float DPS Factory EVOL...which has an extended length of 200mm. Does anyone know if this will work on the Levo's 210mm extended length? Also I'll need a bike Yoke thingy to convert to the Specialized set up.
You're gonna drop the travel on the bike to 140? I'd personally get an air shaft change to keep the right travel. £100 all in with service.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Yeah I saw that. It's the rc2 2018 model. I believe the equivalent grip2 model for 2019 is night and day better. £300 better?!? Orange lowers too. Must resist, must stealth.

we just bought one 150mm fit 4 black lowers read report on fit4 verses grip2 and they did not reckon its much different biggest improvement is the evolv spring

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

we just bought one 150mm fit 4 black lowers read report on fit4 verses grip2 and they did not reckon its much different biggest improvement is the evolv spring
Interesting. The fit4 is only £100 ish less, so spending 900 or 1000 doesn't make much difference. According to a lot of reviewers though going from rc2 to grip2 is a real big improvement.

Now, just got to find the cheapest 29 fox 36 grip2, online, that does finance and next Day delivery. No pressure

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Wow...sounds cheap...who's doing that?
Speak to TF Tuned. That's who i spoke to when i was gonna up my Fox 34 from 140 to 150. I think the Shaft and change is £65, and because it's open, the service is only £35. I'm sure it was £100 or £105 all in.

Give them a call and check prices and your fork. Because i seem to remember that if it was a different model, it would be more.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Being the geek that i am, i made a spreadsheet of the mods/changes. It might help someone else with the idea of getting the base model and upgrading. It would be much easier if frame/motor/battery option was available.

levo changes.png

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I did include a weights column, but forgot to weigh a few things before i sold them, so just deleted it. I might add it back in if members can help me fill it in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles