Levo Gen 2 2019 Levo Custom Build...from FSR to S-Works and beyond

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Managed to sit down on the computer for an hour to order the parts and the forks have now gone up by £75 and the front brake is out of stock. Oh yes! I'm having a great day. :cautious:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it'd raise the front end about 8mm and the BB by around 2mm and slacken the head angle by less than half a degree (at sag assuming same % sag point)
The effect on riding will be softer front suspension, very slightly less support, very slightly slower steering and very slightly more stability in a straight line, but slightly less cornering.

TL: DR you probably won't really notice the handling differences after 10 minutes proper riding as much as you'll notice the more capable front suspension

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Maybe i should stick with 150 as intended as an air shaft change at a later date is not too much money. I was only gonna get a 160 as it was £150 cheaper than a 150, but now they're the same price.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
entirely your call. Neither choice will be wrong. it's just preference. But if you're more of a desecender than all round rider. MOAR is maybe the way to go.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
So she finally arrived today, after more faff with ParcelForce. I requested after 2:30pm delivery and hadn't received an ETA by 10:30am. So called them up and he said....he'll be there within 20m. I was 25m away. So i thrashed the Intense to get home. Met him at the end of the street and got delivery. WooHoo. He also took out a street lamp attempting delivery. LOL.

Unboxed her (sorry, no pics, forgot phone). Shit! This thing looks like a MX bike :) (with a bell) :D

Now the fun begins!

DaveD444

Jul 9, 2018
Worcester
Hi looks like you and I have been through the very same process - I even had a primer loaded with parts I wanted to use.

In the end I chose to go for a Kenevo comp and built it with the parts I wanted to run. The fox 34s were not beefy enough to carry the weight, sram eagle and cranks not suitable, hope brakes needed to be upgraded as did the rotors. I therefore sold it and started again.

After all that’s good fun too ?

Here are the old and new - hope you enjoy your end result and see you around Cannock someday

B9E900EE-AF1F-46B0-A6AD-1220DBAAB3F5.jpeg

D1E4BAFB-2230-4EF8-86E3-DAA6223F594D.jpeg

DaveD444

Jul 9, 2018
Worcester
If you are looking for some trick crank arms that will fit take a look at ethirteen carbon cranks - they do one that fits the brose motor

MartinH

Sep 10, 2018
Brighton
If you are buying new forks dont forget you need EBike specific ones. Both Rockshox and Fox do specific versions which are reinforced. You really shouldn't put non Ebike forks on - especially not ones as small as 34s!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you are buying new forks dont forget you need EBike specific ones. Both Rockshox and Fox do specific versions which are reinforced. You really shouldn't put non Ebike forks on - especially not ones as small as 34s!

Sorry but thats not correct - you do not need E-Bike specific forks on any EMTB, you need forks that are suitable for the riding you do and set up correctly for the bike and the rider. 34's are perfectly fine on an EMTB, and come as standard on many EMTBs

DaveD444

Jul 9, 2018
Worcester
You really don’t - they are a bit beefier but use the 34 damper system - IMO the std 36 will be just fine and prob work better. They use them on World arnduro factory bikes that get more of a bettering than most of us normal riders are likely to give them (ebike or not).

Bikeraut

Oct 17, 2018
Europe
Hello to all

i ordered a Expert Levo 19 and want to Change the rear shock to a Fox Flaot X2. DOes somebody know what Kind of bushings i need?

thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
This build put together yet?
Not even close chap. I was running around trying to get the dropper fitted for the group ride on sunday. Only got it back at 5pm on Saturday.

And then the mech failed after 300m of the first ride. That's away to be warrantied.

Here's a pic of it so far. Spesh Stafford (thanks Pete!) managed last minute to get the dropper fitted. It's really fiddly apparently.

IMG_20181015_194811316 (1).jpg

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
So i've decided to buy an adaptor for the current 6-bolt rotors so they fit on the dt240 hubs. That's £10 vs £80 for new 200mm CL rotors.

Was gonna order black, but i really don't like the laser etching on them. What do you guys think? Go silver (to blend in with the rotor) or black?

centerlock.jpg

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
That's not a bad idea. I've asked Superstar for some pics of rotors with the two colours attached. Not holding my breath, so let's see.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Being a black bike, i want to run stealth again like my old enduro. I've had a few "shouty" bikes in a row. Just deciding on decals for the enve...

Stealth:
G EDWARDS M6.jpg

Louder:
M630_Decal_Blue-1-1300x0-c-default.jpg

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Your could get the envi decals with a dark grey pinstrip for even more stealth. Where are you getting yours done? A lot of people at Spokes get theres done by merge decals and you can get whatever colour or design you want on them.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I'm not sure i'm allowed to say. When i had the Yeti ones done they told me not to broadcast, because Enve were frowning against it. That's 2yr ago, i'll ask them if it's cool and spill the beans if it's ok. Stroll on Friday!!

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
No probs, Didnt know there was any problem as we have been having custom decals made for a ages now and merge have never said anything about not broadcasting it. One of the riders even gets pre-production wheels sent to him by envi for testing purposes and he has the custom decals done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles