Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
So I want to take the drive side cranks and motor housing off my turbo levo and give the motor a clean and check leads are not got any water ingress in them , I’ve watched a video on the procedure and am purchasing a bbt8 castle nut remover , I also need a 2 legged puller to remove the chain ring , can anybody tell me what size puller to purchase, I don’t want to buy something to big or small for the job , thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So I want to take the drive side cranks and motor housing off my turbo levo and give the motor a clean and check leads are not got any water ingress in them , I’ve watched a video on the procedure and am purchasing a bbt8 castle nut remover , I also need a 2 legged puller to remove the chain ring , can anybody tell me what size puller to purchase, I don’t want to buy something to big or small for the job , thanks
75mm or 100mm will do it.................but you do not gain much by removing the motor. Once the battery with bash guard is removed and the non drive side motor cover is removed, you have access to virtually everything you need to clean and check the wiring.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
75mm or 100mm will do it.................but you do not gain much by removing the motor. Once the battery with bash guard is removed and the non drive side motor cover is removed, you have access to virtually everything you need to clean and check the wiring.
Thanks 🙏……

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Be careful what you screw your puller on to. If you screw on to the spindle you can push it too hard and break the inside of the motor. You need a spindle (or socket) which fits around the spindle and push against that.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Be careful what you screw your puller on to. If you screw on to the spindle you can push it too hard and break the inside of the motor. You need a spindle (or socket) which fits around the spindle and push against that.
Thanks I’ve seen a socket used for that , 25 mm I think was mentioned

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles