Two minds - Canyon Spectral:ON

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
@dwr budr @Clansey You both left the settings as standard in the app? I know it's a basic app but updating software yourself is big advantage I think.

haven’t updated mine yet, think i read the latest update was for people running wireless gear shifters , does it let you customise the power available in different modes? if so i’ll probably leave it, seems ok to me so far

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
haven’t updated mine yet, think i read the latest update was for people running wireless gear shifters , does it let you customise the power available in different modes? if so i’ll probably leave it, seems ok to me so far

It lets you customize the assist levels in Trail and Boost modes for a year.

This is the new update:
Screenshot 2018-09-29 14.27.36.jpg

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
IMG_20180929_135135.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20180929134046725_COVER.jpg

No damage from the crash on Thursday bike rode well again. Hopefully I have some decent GoPro footage from the ride. I will have a look later and upload to YouTube if so.

Lots of shuttling to the top of small runs today. Had a massive smile on my face going up the hills that used to drain me.

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello Spectral:ON riders

Does anybody else have problems with the rear seat clamp screw?
If I setup the angle of the saddle, so it does not give me to much pressure, where you don't want to have it ;-), the rear screw is to short. I lost it on a tour. Its only 3 or 4 turns in the nut. The angle is adjusted, that the front area of the top of the saddle is nearly flat. I could move the front of the saddle even further down, but than the screw is even more to short. I mounted it now with loctite.
Anybody?

Thanks

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018

If I setup the angle of the saddle, so it does not give me to much pressure, where you don't want to have it ;-), the rear screw is to short. I lost it on a tour. Its only 3 or 4 turns in the nut. The angle is adjusted, that the front area of the top of the saddle is nearly flat. I could move the front of the saddle even further down, but than the screw is even more to short. I mounted it now with loctite.
Anybody?

Thanks
Why not just get a longer screw and problem solved?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool

Anybody?

Thanks
I had no problems with the length of the screws. I have the 160mm fork and the bike in the slack config too.

My seat is level with the horizon

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Rode one today at the Cycle Show; super impressed. All the Shimano powered bikes I’ve tried have felt great through the cranks, but this thing had so much grip from that plus sized rear and 29er front combination.

I’m 5ft 9 and was riding a large; Canyon’s sizing programme says I should be on a medium, but with the seat post slammed it felt perfect despite having 30mm more reach on paper than my current trail bike. Suspension plush and carried great energy, but still far more nimble than the Bosch powered Cubes I tried. Went straight to the top of my list of possibles!

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Rode one today at the Cycle Show; super impressed. All the Shimano powered bikes I’ve tried have felt great through the cranks, but this thing had so much grip from that plus sized rear and 29er front combination.

I’m 5ft 9 and was riding a large; Canyon’s sizing programme says I should be on a medium, but with the seat post slammed it felt perfect despite having 30mm more reach on paper than my current trail bike. Suspension plush and carried great energy, but still far more nimble than the Bosch powered Cubes I tried. Went straight to the top of my list of possibles!

While the Shimano E8000 motor is 2,8kg the Bosch is 4kg... that makes a big difference in handling.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Fun day out that was just a scouting mission for good trails for future rides. The ebike made shuttling to the top of hills a joy. I used to push and maybe do 1 run down, this weekend I done at least 10 runs down without having to consider efficiency

Good vid mate. Hear the bike popping up easily. Best bike I've had for hopping off stuff even though it's twice the weight. Good nostalgic song as well.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Good vid mate. Hear the bike popping up easily. Best bike I've had for hopping off stuff even though it's twice the weight. Good nostalgic song as well.
Yeah agreed. It strikes the balance between poppy and planted to so well. Really liking it.

Seat post is coming out tonight and going back tomorrow hopefully I get it back quickly.

The song come on the radio on the way there and I was singing along haha. Decided to put it in. I'm just getting to grips with the video editing to try and make things more entertaining in the future. Hopefully as my riding improves the content will do

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Yeah agreed. It strikes the balance between poppy and planted to so well. Really liking it.

Seat post is coming out tonight and going back tomorrow hopefully I get it back quickly.

The song come on the radio on the way there and I was singing along haha. Decided to put it in. I'm just getting to grips with the video editing to try and make things more entertaining in the future. Hopefully as my riding improves the content will do

Got to get used to the extra weight going into corners. Brakes were excellent but still kept on going in too fast. It picks up speed so fast.

Bota

Oct 2, 2018
Stuttgart, Germany
Hello All,
Received my Spectral: ON 8.0 last Friday with no issues via ordering or shipping. Ordered on Sep 19th and arrived on Sep 28th. It did however come with the wrong fork installed and I am working through that with customer service. It has the RockShox Lyrik instead of the Fox Float 36. I live in Germany about three hours away from Koblenz so shipping isn't too bad.

Only ridden 40km so far mostly road but I am really enjoying the bike. It is hard to ride without a big smile on your face.

I am glad I did not read this forum until after it was shipped though. With all of the initial issues that were had I may have waived off.

Anyone else have wrong parts installed?

Cheers,
B

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Hello All,
Received my Spectral: ON 8.0 last Friday with no issues via ordering or shipping. Ordered on Sep 19th and arrived on Sep 28th. It did however come with the wrong fork installed and I am working through that with customer service. It has the RockShox Lyrik instead of the Fox Float 36. I live in Germany about three hours away from Koblenz so shipping isn't too bad.

Only ridden 40km so far mostly road but I am really enjoying the bike. It is hard to ride without a big smile on your face.

I am glad I did not read this forum until after it was shipped though. With all of the initial issues that were had I may have waived off.

Anyone else have wrong parts installed?

Cheers,
B

Fantastic bikes aren’t they. Annoying for you with the fork though. All parts on mine as they should be. Lyrik feels great on mine. They should swap it or offer some refund.

CMD1

Dec 4, 2018
London
Unfortunately I have only just read this thread and had previously ordered a Spectral On 7.0 four weeks ago. according to DHL it has been sitting in the depot local to Canyon Germany for three weeks waiting for paperwork. Despite many goes at the live chat and several emails I appear to be getting nowhere. does anyone have a contact for DHL they could share?
I really don't want to cancel the order yet

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Unfortunately I have only just read this thread and had previously ordered a Spectral On 7.0 four weeks ago. according to DHL it has been sitting in the depot local to Canyon Germany for three weeks waiting for paperwork. Despite many goes at the live chat and several emails I appear to be getting nowhere. does anyone have a contact for DHL they could share?
It was me who was waiting for 6 weeks and I got compensation for the whole ordeal. If you give me a few hours to get home I'll jump onto my emails and find the contacts for you.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
the DHL contact I used was a woman named Claire at [email protected] or 01543 525008

Please bare in mind that she is more than likely sick of the sound of Canyon by now. I was basically harassing her everyday until my bike was in the UK.

I also put in a formal complaint at the [email protected] email address which got a member of staff assigned to me.

CMD1

Dec 4, 2018
London
the DHL contact I used was a woman named Claire at [email protected] or 01543 525008

Please bare in mind that she is more than likely sick of the sound of Canyon by now. I was basically harassing her everyday until my bike was in the UK.

I also put in a formal complaint at the [email protected] email address which got a member of staff assigned to me.

That’s great many thanks

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Happy days my bike has left the depot in Germany. Not sure if all my phone calls and emails made a difference yesterday but it made me feel better.
Ask for compensation for waiting so long. Seems one has to harass Canyon to get any customer service.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Happy days my bike has left the depot in Germany. Not sure if all my phone calls and emails made a difference yesterday but it made me feel better.
I have been waiting since the 8th November with the same issue, keep getting bounced off by customer service, perhaps they wait until a container is full before shipping to the UK to save cash. In any case, the 2019 bikes are out so it may take a bit of compensation for me not to return the bike if it ever makes its way to me.
Pity as I really wanted one of these bikes but my confidence in Canyon has gone.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
On a more positive note, has anyone tried a 29 inch wheel in the rear of the bike? Or changed the Shimano shifter out for the E6000?
Any pointers on mods and upgrades would be great.
Cheers!

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
On a more positive note, has anyone tried a 29 inch wheel in the rear of the bike? Or changed the Shimano shifter out for the E6000?
Any pointers on mods and upgrades would be great.
Cheers!
Check out the canyon main thread. People have done the E6000 change. I'm probably going to do the E7000 switch after Christmas as I don't like the feedback from the E6000 and it looks just as bulky as the E8000 in my opinion.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles