Whyte e-mtb

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Several other brands allow you to do this using a water bottle mount for the battery, so the cabling/connections certainly exist within the Bosch OEM ecosystem

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
E.G Simplon

Simplon Rapcon Pmax: Versatile performance eMTB announced | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 22.17.47.png

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 22.17.54.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I believe there is a spacer kit for the smaller power tube battery that enables it to fit - you see it on some models from other brands on lower spec models that come with the 500 battery.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
When I picked up my 150, the LBS said the tube could take a smaller battery, by moving the top battery fixing down to the lower bolt hole, about 50mm down the frame from the existing, although I was told that the smaller battery had not been launched yet.
So the answer is, not yet. Your LBS or Whyte should be able to let you know.

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
I quite fancy having a bottle sized back up job for longer rides, didn’t know these were already in existence for the Bosch motor.
?

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Ah great. Did see the thread on the trailwatts section, but seems it’s still in development.
I’m quite happy to make my own bracket too.
I’m intrigued by the Simplon solution.

Sam E180

Aug 20, 2019
Barnsley
New bike day finally arrived after a loooooong wait. First impressions are that it’s a monster. Either Gisburn or the Peak District tomorrow for a proper kicking.
Inbound upgrades are to swap my sixthelement wheels over from my old bike (with custom orange graphics to match the coil?)
Code Brakes are mega. I’ve been on v4s for years, these are the only other brake I’ve tried that beat them.

FEF2AFD8-AC2B-49C0-AC69-4FEA47B4358A.jpeg

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
Can anyone tell me what discount to aim for in a bike store. I only know 15% is available for specialized.

These e bike prices are insane so need to ensure I know what I am doing

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
One person at least achieved 10%, but given the big demand and limited supply I think you will be lucky to get anything unless you have a very good existing relationship with your LBS...

Whyte e-mtb - EMTB Forums

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
Its more about limited supply than high demand. Even specialized are making less bikes now so they dont have to discount at the end of the season. I'm guessing they have worked out that there is always enough high end buyers who are willing to fork out £11k for a bike.

Might just have to get the YT instead. Anyone ridden both?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Both are great bikes but for some reason I don't really like the Shimano motor so that would swing it in the direction of the Whyte for me but I'd want to ride a 2020 Kenovo before I committed.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Its more about limited supply than high demand. Even specialized are making less bikes now so they dont have to discount at the end of the season. I'm guessing they have worked out that there is always enough high end buyers who are willing to fork out £11k for a bike.
Agreed, but Whyte have always been conservative on their supply to avoid discounting - I was going to get a T-130 when I bought my last (analogue) trail bike, but it was Aug and there wasn’t one available anywhere in the spec I wanted.

Last edited:

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
Well I rode one around a car park today and it felt fine. Never ridden ebike before so didnt know what to expect. The power is addictive and I can tell why people like them. The boost to 25kph on any terrain makes the sport fun in new ways I'm guessing.

I'm torn between the YT and this bike. £4300 for full carbon and fox36 elite and X2 is hard to beat. In theory it is more a e180 competitor which at £5750 is a big difference in cost. It's also easy to delimit and run in usa mode for 32kph with full reliability.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles