What tyres? The Ultimate Tyre Thread

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Where can these be bought? unobtainable!
Plus, they have a mistake on their web specifications... the ERTO 584, are 27.5", not 29"
That must be the weight differences. One construction build just 27.5 and 29 making the diffeeence in weight. Misprinted the 27.5 as 29

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
For 27.5"
Who make for the 29" ?

106985648_10222945614369241_8911502898589645074_n.jpg

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
[QUOTE = "leftside, post: 186102, membre: 8597"]
Qu'est-ce que l'AR et qu'est-ce que l'AV?
[/ CITATION]

C'est marqué sur le pneu :)

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Yea I’m really curious about them but don’t wanna spend £100+ finding out
Word. That is a pricey gamble when you can get a pair of michelin for almost half that on crc. Veerubber gave me a code on ig you could try if you want. Not sure it still works but might be worth a try. Its "insta15"

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Word. That is a pricey gamble when you can get a pair of michelin for almost half that on crc. Veerubber gave me a code on ig you could try if you want. Not sure it still works but might be worth a try. Its "insta15"
im talking about a pair of tyres plus the sealant etc.. that easily hits £100 for almost any brand

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
im talking about a pair of tyres plus the sealant etc.. that easily hits £100 for almost any brand
Necessary evil. New shoes are probably the biggest performance upgrade. I guess that depwnds partly on the usage but the "mtb" part around here needs good rubber for the most part. I cznt imagine the alternative. Pay for shoes or bandaids. Bandaids only last a day or 2

Jirkovo

Dec 8, 2018
Olomouc Moravia Czech republik
I've been driving for two months. Good on dry land. Hard surface fast, forest roads and roots good. I didn't drive wet. Such a dry summer tire. She hasn't disappointed yet. I have souls there. Pressure 1.6 forward and 1.8 rearward.

20200426_100008.jpg

20200426_100022.jpg

20200426_100026.jpg

20200426_100033.jpg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales

RodC

May 28, 2020
Queretaro, Mexico
What info you looking for Rod? The Pirelli is a 1200g - 1330g heavy duty tyre with a thick, sturdy sidewall available in a few tread patterns.

Lol. Thanks Rob. I was just looking around more longer users input. How they wear our?
And how about the M version? S front and M rear? Or S and S is better.

but so far, I’m really attracted to the Vitoria Mazza and maybe Mazza & Martello mix.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Can anyone help ....im revamping my old giant talon 2015 hard tail ...I want to get new tires ...the current ones on there are 27.5 , 2.75 , 650 b ...the rims measure 2.4 cm ( outer edge to outer edge ) ....what size max can I go ...could I fit a 2.3 or 2.4 ?
:)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
a 2.4" tyre will fit on your rims absolutely fine. It will just have a slightly rounder profile than it would on a wider rim (and because of this will be less supportive if you try running really low pressures)
Just check the fork and frame's chain stays have adequate clearance for the tyres

Nickyhammers

Jul 6, 2020
South London
Always been a Schwalbe Magic Mary/Hans D fanboy however they didn’t have suitable DH casings in 2.8” when I set up my bike so went with Maxxis Minions DHF & DHR. They have performed without issue in all conditions and have lasted double the time I would have expected from my usual combo, considering the cost they should do though!!
There will be a dilemma when they need changing as the Schwalbe Addix compounds promise a lot.
Agreed always been a fan of the MM/HD combo but my new bike has come with the Maxxis DHF & DHR mix so be interesting to see how they compare.

motmcd

Mar 5, 2019
reading,pa
Where can these be bought? unobtainable!
Plus, they have a mistake on their web specifications... the ERTO 584, are 27.5", not 29"

I'm in the US and I just purchased directly from Vittoria (2) of the e-Mazza tires -- 29 x 2.6. They have limited inventory now and can be ordered direct from Vittoria's web page.

Others here also noticed the typo in the spec table on Vittoria's web page where all (4) tire size options are listed as 29" when the 1st and 3rd line items are the 27.5" tires. The listed tire weight indicates the difference between the 27.5" and 29" tires.

Buying directly from Vittoria includes free 3-day shipping. I also got a 10% discount because I left my order linger in my Vittoria shopping cart yesterday as I tried to sort out the correct tire part numbers. They sent me an email yesterday afternoon offering the 10% discount but I deleted it. When I mentioned it today, they honored the discount.

Here's Vittoria USA contact info:

1594303811365.png

LukeSi

Jul 9, 2020
Stoke on Trent
Hi,
First post here. My Sduro came with Smart Sam tyres which I really didn't rate so I've now moved to a Maxxis Assegai Exo+ front and Maxxis Aggressor DD rear. That front tyre is amazing and just doesn't lose grip. Rear is great fun and slides about nicely. Just to add these are in a 29er.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hi,
First post here. My Sduro came with Smart Sam tyres which I really didn't rate so I've now moved to a Maxxis Assegai Exo+ front and Maxxis Aggressor DD rear. That front tyre is amazing and just doesn't lose grip. Rear is great fun and slides about nicely. Just to add these are in a 29er.
You been reading my mind! Lol. Just installed an aggressor DD 27.5 x 2.5 for a summer rear tire. I have so far found nothing even remotely as good as the assegai up front for what I do.

The 2.5 aggressor seems kinda skinny though?

LukeSi

Jul 9, 2020
Stoke on Trent
You been reading my mind! Lol. Just installed an aggressor DD 27.5 x 2.5 for a summer rear tire. I have so far found nothing even remotely as good as the assegai up front for what I do.

The 2.5 aggressor seems kinda skinny though?

I've only just started biking so don't really know what is good or not but the Assegai is awesome! Really need to build my confidence up so I can get the most out of them.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I've only just started biking so don't really know what is good or not but the Assegai is awesome! Really need to build my confidence up so I can get the most out of them.
I'm a simple man?, if the tire makes me want to go faster, its good?. If a tire scares the shit out of me, it's bad?. This really has little to do with how fast I'm actually going?.

Lol, it's all relative.

So far the assegia is a good tire, in more conditions, than anything else I have tried over the last year.

I'm still green, only started emtb about a year ago. So far the tires I've messed with are (Forkaster OEM, Havoc Pro OEM, Trail King OEM, Minion DHF OEM, Rekon, Hillbilly Grid gription, Shorty, aggressor, butcher grid gription)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles