What did you buy your ebike this week?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Finally found a tube that fits a 2.6 wide tyre.
This one designed for 2.4 to 2.8. Happy days!

D6B2B873-0B50-47FB-8291-9E9C8C662930.jpeg

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Was umming and ahing on these colour Death Grips. In the end thought what the heck. Also got some charges for my internal battery (much better than gels) and something to put them in, in the form of a Blackburn corner bag.
20200129_181721.jpg
20200129_231426.jpg

Last edited:

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Hi everyone, lbs(leisure lakes, Preston) fitted my Tannus inserts today. So far after a few miles, im impressed.
I got a pair of tubolito tubes to suit because I knew I’d get some anyway.
Up to now ive noticed a pronounced difference on small bumps. Far fewer vibes/harshness. I tested on some roots growing under a path causing short ridges. Harsh on the way there, barely noticeable with Tannus installed on the way back.
Riding up a large curb seated for a test was amazing. Tyres seemed to soak it up with Tannus. As if the curb was much lower.
Very quiet when rolling, bizarrely muting the tyre rolling noise too. Hard to believe but there you go..
No question they roll better with nearly 30% less pressure in. You can feel the tyres are more rigid leant over too.
They appear to have changed the tyre profile on the rims. Tyres look taller and the side wall a less balloony shape. Mechanic noticed this.
extra weight figuring in the super light tubes and lack of sealant is fairly marginal and not noticeable.
Front magic Mary was still tubeless up to today. When it was removed there were about 8 or 10 thorns through it(3k miles). Praise where its due, had never lost a squeak of pressure.
Rear wheel, as mentioned in previous post, in another thread, had got a big nail through it and had punctured the rim tape. When the mechanic removed the old rim tape we could see daylight. The nail had gone through tyre, rim tape and two thicknesses of carbon through to fresh air!!! Pics when we strip to fit new rim. Spesh lifetime carbon warranty kids, can’t beat it.
cheers all.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I've bought a few things this week in a few different orders...mainly to take advantage of the Jan sales.

Hi/Low compression cartridge for my Aion 35 forks
Leyzene HV Micro Floor pump (a thing of fecking beauty)
Muc-Off Claw chain brush
Knog bell (I know, but I don't want to kill any dogs)
Fox backpack
A pair of cheap leather/carbon gloves to put me over the £30 threshold for the Tredz £5 voucher.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Crud XL Fender and a side entry bottle cage. Hopefully I can dump the backpack now.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
A pair of old man grips...
365A3771-258D-4A7E-A217-84FA39155263.jpeg

A Nukeproof Garmin mount
DB1C121D-68BD-4872-9D98-3E4BCD30CD56.jpg

And a couple of SRAM Eagle power links for in my backpack!

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
After my tannus experience recently I’ve ended up with a tubolito tube for the emergency pack. Very small and only 80g for the strong one. Patch kit to suit.
Also new 2.35 Magic Mary, heavy casing, soft orange compound. Tyre measured 2.44 on 38mm I’d rim.
image.jpg

Bit more room for stuff in the head tube.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Very small and only 80g for the strong one.
In what way is it strong?
I've used Maxxis ultralite 90g Butyl tubes for years as my (on the bike) spares as they're also tiny so save space and weight - Obviously a 90g butyl tube isn't going to be the toughest or strongest but they're only a fiver and if I flat and use one I'll always over inflate it just incase.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
In what way is it strong?
I've used Maxxis ultralite 90g Butyl tubes for years as my (on the bike) spares as they're also tiny so save space and weight - Obviously a 90g butyl tube isn't going to be the toughest or strongest but they're only a fiver and if I flat and use one I'll always over inflate it just incase.

on the tubolito site it talks about three specs, a road only one at 50gms a tougher one at 80 gms, which I got, and another heavy duty one that was over a hundred gms. I will certainly shop more carefully for my tubes in future, I paid more than I should. thanks for the heads up regarding inflation.

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Upgraded the Decoy to Tubeless with new valves and some TruckerCo.

Also installed a 5mm spacer under my Niner YAWYD top cap cap holder.
Screenshot_20200206-212456.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A Magic Mary for the front of the Rail. Fingers crossed that the TL fitment goes OK tonight...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You're joking. Right?

If not. Butyl is just what standard tube is made from. A normal puncture repair kit and you can patch them as many times as you like until you get an unfixable tear/cut
Self adhesive patches are available but tend to be shite in comparison to a proper patch vulcanised to the tube.
Take 2x spares and patch any that need it at home with a brew.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
You're joking. Right?

If not. Butyl is just what standard tube is made from. A normal puncture repair kit and you can patch them as many times as you like until you get an unfixable tear/cut
Self adhesive patches are available but tend to be shite in comparison to a proper patch vulcanised to the tube.
Take 2x spares and patch any that need it at home with a brew.

Sorry, I was referring to the material used for the tubolito types tubes. The orange material in my pictures, my bad.

Elover

Feb 5, 2020
Chelmsford
Free was a replacement bosch motor... But the new ring on the front meant I needed a new chain and cassette.... 1600 miles on them, so was thinking of replacing soon any how.....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Freebie today with leisure lakes loyalty points. Got a co2 inflator with a couple bottles of gas. Friendly chap gave me some better tyre levers too. Managed to get the inflator, levers, two canisters, pack of patches, soft link, small cloth and a tubolito in the void in the down tube, above the battery in my 18 levo. Sorted.
stolen pic, sorry wiggle.
7D52CC5D-FB73-4957-93FC-C856AFE5197E.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles