Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Dec 8, 2018
New Zealand
Stanners1, will they know isn't my point, 2019 bikes/motors with 2.2025 firmware can't be hacked, at present anyways. Flat speed is an issue when riding with roadies, not that that's common for most I imagine!

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
Paolo,

I noticed that the speed displayed in real time is slower that it actually is by about 3-4 mph. I was comparing it to the Turbo Connect Display. In the analysis however, it appeared to have recorded it correctly. The distance measured is perfect.

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
About the speed limiter. I am just wondering if someone is able to make a mechanical hack for you? Basically somehow override the sensor input. Well it will screw also the odometer, but so would this wheel size too.

Shouldn't be too hard, just need some know how and time. I don't have time nor interest at the moment. I was even thinking about option connecting the sensor close to electronic magnet emitting constant pulse.

stanners1

Dec 13, 2018
Merseyside
I spoke to another Specialized Dealer and he said that there are processors/memory in the battery and the motor that he can instantly once the connect with the bike at the shop, see if the speed or wheel size has been altered. Specialized on the other hand are hesitant to stop this happening officially due to lost sales if they did. I've altered both my levo's and to date no official warranty ban has been mentioned. IF THE POLICE CATCH YOU THOUGH THIS WILL BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Paolo,

The new map feature in BLEvo is great. However, in the new iOS version the statistics listed below the map at the bottom of the page do not appear to be updated during the ride or even after the ride has ended. As shown in the image below the values reported appear to be from the first 10s of the ride. Can you correct this? Thank you!

BLEvo map.jpg

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
Paolo,

The new map feature in BLEvo is great. However, in the new iOS version the statistics listed below the map at the bottom of the page do not appear to be updated during the ride or even after the ride has ended. As shown in the image below the values reported appear to be from the first 10s of the ride. Can you correct this? Thank you!

View attachment 8762
Did you try using the play and ff buttons below the data? The stats should advance as you tap them or use the slider.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Did you try using the play and ff buttons below the data? The stats should advance as you tap them or use the slider.
DOH, thank you for not calling me an idiot, doc! That should teach me not to post before having a second cup of coffee. Yes, the stats give the data at individual points as you move the pointer along the trail. A cool feature I had not anticipated. Thank you, and kudos to Paolo, again!

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
On the 2019 Levo a wheel size of 2300mm default setting gives 25Km/h, so you would need to set the wheel size to about 1275mm to give 45Km/h (assuming your Levo will accept a wheel change size)

Mejkboer

Dec 15, 2018
Belgium
On the 2019 Levo a wheel size of 2300mm default setting gives 25Km/h, so you would need to set the wheel size to about 1275mm to give 45Km/h (assuming your Levo will accept a wheel change size)
Been reading around here a little, I’m afrais it won’t... Hopefully someone will have something available soon...

Gogogordo

May 10, 2018
San Francisco
On the Apple Store there is the 3.2.0 version of BLEvo for iOS. Now you can analyze the data of your laps on the map as well.
Here are all the news

- Added the view of the data recorded on the map
- Now you can keep the statistics of all the tours stored and reviewed
- Now, after pronouncing the messages, the audio resource is released to allow you to continue to listen to other audio sources.
- Optimized the Smart HR connected to Smart Power
- Removed animation when going in bike setup and / or bike monitor
- Bugfix: Cadence was not stored in the CSV
- Bugfix: Configuration of Speed and Wheel Size values

Download the update from iTunes

‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

View attachment 8617
So friggin cool!
Just like Italians. ; ]
Grazie mille Paolo!!!

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 3.2.2 of BLEvo for Android.
Some connection problems with the Levo 2019 should have been solved.
Here are the other news:

- Maps: now the map is opened by zooming all the way
- Now if the start of the automatic tour is set, the secondary battery is set to the last value set
- Added connection time
- Now you can configure the Smart Power / Smart HR without limiting the static value within the range

Download the update from Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Enjoy your ride

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I just released version 3.2.2 of BLEvo for Android.
Some connection problems with the Levo 2019 should have been solved.
Here are the other news:

- Maps: now the map is opened by zooming all the way
- Now if the start of the automatic tour is set, the secondary battery is set to the last value set
- Added connection time
- Now you can configure the Smart Power / Smart HR without limiting the static value within the range

Download the update from Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Enjoy your ride
Great progress constantly, thanks Paolo

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Paolo, have a look at this latest version pls.
Now it looks like you can set smart ranges with MIN value=100 and MAX value=0.
Is it a bug or made on purpose? What's the meaning of it?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, have a look at this latest version pls.
Now it looks like you can set smart ranges with MIN value=100 and MAX value=0.
Is it a bug or made on purpose? What's the meaning of it?
It is a bug for sure.. I removed some check in the smart configuration, but I think I remove too much checks.. sorry, I will check tonight..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The version 3.3.0 of BLEvo for iOS is now available on the Apple Store. For the first time in the development of BLEvo I first made a feature for iOS.
In fact in this new version it is possible to have the monitor with the map.

Here are all the news:
- Added new display with the map
- Correct graphical position of the Smart HR configuration
- Optimized Bluetooth connection

Download the update from here

DisplayMap.PNG

Hello.

Last edited:

Thibault

Dec 16, 2018
France
Hi,

I wanted to buy a Levo expert. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware? If not I will wait for an update of BLEvo or anorher derestricting option to buy my new ebike.

Thank you

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,

I wanted to buy a Levo expert. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware? If not I will wait for an update of BLEvo or anorher derestricting option to buy my new ebike.

Thank you
Levo 2019? Only the dealer can do the downgrade, but it isn't a normal procedure and Specialized don't want this..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
The version 3.3.0 of BLEvo for iOS is now available on the Apple Store. For the first time in the development of BLEvo I first made a feature for iOS.
In fact in this new version it is possible to have the monitor with the map.

Here are all the news:
- Added new display with the map
- Correct graphical position of the Smart HR configuration
- Optimized Bluetooth connection

Download the update from here

View attachment 8921
Hello.

Hi Paolo,

I just checked the new BLEvo map feature. This is exactly where I had hoped for. Ideally you could maybe add a navigation option but I am not sure if that is too complicated to integrate. Could this be an idea?

I already was very happy with all the smart power features like the smart heart rate and the smart power function of BLEvo which are not part of Mission Control. I must admit as well that BLEvo only seems to become stronger and stronger after each update. I am really impressed that I can use maps now as well during riding in unknown areas. In Mission Control I constantly had to switch screens between the bike data and the map. In BLEvo I seem to be able to use at the same time. That's really great!

BLEvo makes me able to get much more out of the Levo 2019 which makes a great bike even more great when using the right app!

Thanks for your support!

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
I notice in the iOS version map screen the speed and distance are in km even though I have it set to miles. It’s ok in the non map screen.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Hi,

Thank you
Levo 2019? Only the dealer can do the downgrade, but it isn't a normal procedure and Specialized don't want this..

This was in the latest communication from Specialized on the new Turbo studio software
  • Fixed bug where wheel circumference was reset to default 2300mm after a firmware update. Now, after a bike firmware update, the wheel circumference will be set to the value it was at prior to being updated – it will no longer reset to 2300mm. However…
  • If the bike detects a wheel size smaller than 2000mm, it will not accept the value and reset it to the factory minimum wheel size of 2000mm. This will happen each time the bike powers up, thereby preventing tuning via wheel circumference modification to a value below 2000mm.
    • In anticipation of the question – No, there is not a way to ‘back date’ the firmware on a TCU to an older version.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I just checked the new BLEvo map feature. This is exactly where I had hoped for. Ideally you could maybe add a navigation option but I am not sure if that is too complicated to integrate. Could this be an idea?

I already was very happy with all the smart power features like the smart heart rate and the smart power function of BLEvo which are not part of Mission Control. I must admit as well that BLEvo only seems to become stronger and stronger after each update. I am really impressed that I can use maps now as well during riding in unknown areas. In Mission Control I constantly had to switch screens between the bike data and the map. In BLEvo I seem to be able to use at the same time. That's really great!

BLEvo makes me able to get much more out of the Levo 2019 which makes a great bike even more great when using the right app!

Thanks for your support!
Thanks "Specialized guy".. ?
For the navigation option, I'm working on it

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
This was in the latest communication from Specialized on the new Turbo studio software
  • Fixed bug where wheel circumference was reset to default 2300mm after a firmware update. Now, after a bike firmware update, the wheel circumference will be set to the value it was at prior to being updated – it will no longer reset to 2300mm. However…
  • If the bike detects a wheel size smaller than 2000mm, it will not accept the value and reset it to the factory minimum wheel size of 2000mm. This will happen each time the bike powers up, thereby preventing tuning via wheel circumference modification to a value below 2000mm.
    • In anticipation of the question – No, there is not a way to ‘back date’ the firmware on a TCU to an older version.
Do you know if it is possibile to change the wheel size like in version 2.019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles