Show us your Whyte bits

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Out today on South Dartmoor. Here we are at Three Barrows trig, the usual 360 view lost in the low cloud.

Whyte at 3 Barrows.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Here is my new E180, 2 small rides in so far but loving it. Managed to scrape the bottom of the frame below the motor striking out so i've fitted a Rockguardz carbon guard.
Looking to upgrade the Purion for a Kiox, anyone attempted this?. View attachment 47780 View attachment 47781 View attachment 47782 View attachment 47783
was the rockguardz tricky to fix? I grounded on the same point a couple of times and was looking for a neat solution. Can you provide the link for the item you bought?
cheers

gogsie

Dec 21, 2020
Sauchen
was the rockguardz tricky to fix? I grounded on the same point a couple of times and was looking for a neat solution. Can you provide the link for the item you bought?
cheers
2 mins in a sink of hot water and it slipped on no problem.

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
Here is my new E180, 2 small rides in so far but loving it. Managed to scrape the bottom of the frame below the motor striking out so i've fitted a Rockguardz carbon guard.
Looking to upgrade the Purion for a Kiox, anyone attempted this?. View attachment 47780 View attachment 47781 View attachment 47782 View attachment 47783
I've just done the Kiox upgrade on my e-160s, I'm trying to remember where I posted some notes on! If you want to message me I give you some tips.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
clocked 39.7mph on way down...... how accurate is the Purion?

I find it slightly overeads compared to my Garmin gps (on two different devices) but not by a lot. At round 15mph it’s about 1mph out but not checked at higher speeds. Don’t think you’ll have been far off.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Here’s mine, getting built ready for delivery next week.

Ppf, upgraded bars, proper pedals and upgrade to the Bosch Kiox is being done this week. Can’t wait!

View attachment 49201
sweet ride. Especially like the wheel reflectors - v important.
Hate the way the bike is hung from the dropper in the workstand. Not a criticism of the shop, but a limitation of the workstands available. I have a more satisfactory solution (IMO) I'll share with you all at some point.
Hope you love the bike. Pray for dry weather to enjoy it to the max.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
sweet ride. Especially like the wheel reflectors - v important.
Hate the way the bike is hung from the dropper in the workstand. Not a criticism of the shop, but a limitation of the workstands available. I have a more satisfactory solution (IMO) I'll share with you all at some point.
Hope you love the bike. Pray for dry weather to enjoy it to the max.

Yeah the first thing I said is get those f***ing reflectors off!!! He said they automatically remove those, the plastic thing behind the rear sprocket, and all the stickers on the discs. I asked them to remove the made in Taiwan sticker too! :D

I was out today on my Cube, and am tempted to hang onto that now until the weather sorts itself out!

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Has anyone fitted a bigger skid plate to their bike? I’d like to protect the bottom of the bike from tree stumps etc.

I’ve done a search online, but couldn’t find anything.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Yeah that looks a bit pants. I've got a smaller one on my Cube, which does the trick. I didn't know if anyone had found a metal bash plate anywhere??
there was a photo on a thread that I came across which showed a trials rider with aluminium bash plate on an E150. Looked like he'd made it himself and used the down tube bolt to fix it in place.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
there was a photo on a thread that I came across which showed a trials rider with aluminium bash plate on an E150. Looked like he'd made it himself and used the down tube bolt to fix it in place.

Yeah I think I saw that too. hopefully the guy that did it will see this!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles