Show us your Vitus!

Ginsterdrz

Jun 14, 2019
Lancashire
My VR up Rivington on its first outing.
Mudguards, new green?stem and Stans tubeless setup arrived today!
Still can't believe how good it is in Boost mode up big hills???

IMG_20190710_105338.jpg

IMG_20190710_105306.jpg

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Passenger seat folds flat, take both wheels off and put them in the boot then bike in the front, no more hassle that putting it in the boot of an estate really. Heres some pics of my hardtail in it.

View attachment 15810

View attachment 15811

View attachment 15812
Haha, that’s amazing, wouldn’t want to crash in it but amazing use of space nevertheless ?? Tow bar rack for me, 15 seconds to fix and no shit in the car

waxiemaxie

Jun 5, 2019
Bristol
Maxxraxx tow bar cycle racks are genius however as with my cycle maintenance stand they are 'uncomfortable' with the box section top tube of the E-Sommet. My workaround has be to introduce a velcro strap to secure the bike in the v shaped mounts. Any other experiences of bike racks and stands?

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Maxxraxx tow bar cycle racks are genius however as with my cycle maintenance stand they are 'uncomfortable' with the box section top tube of the E-Sommet. My workaround has be to introduce a velcro strap to secure the bike in the v shaped mounts. Any other experiences of bike racks and stands?
There’s a whole post on this here mate: Tow bar ebike rack - EMTB Forums
But I have a whispbar 3 bike rack which nails it!

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Vitus Esommet VR 2019 owned since January 2019

Spec Changes:
  • Upgraded brakes to Shimano Saint M820 levers and calipers...223mm large Galfer rotor on the front, Shimano Ice Tech 203mm rotor on the rear, Shimano finned pads (recommend for excellent stopping).
  • MRP ramp control device to replace air adjustment tokens in air damper side (recommend).
  • Magic Mary on the front and Maxxis DHF on the rear.
  • Wolfstooth dropper lever to replace the BrandX one which is not that good.
  • Bought Miranda 155mm Cranks to change over when I want to avoid pedal strikes on rough steep technical trails.
  • Renthal 30mm stem
  • Renthal 780mm high rise fatbars.
  • Superstar flat pedals, they really are good pedals.
  • Now running a 36th chainring for better gearing.
  • Peartune ebike tuning for getting speed to take those big jumps (now temperamental) as there is compatibility issues with the new Shimano firmware (Update- Peartune does not work with new Shimano firmware and you will have to go back to an earlier version)
Good things:
  • Really well balanced frame and geometry
  • Shimano Esteps 8000 motor does the job
  • Suspension is very good front and rear and easy to adjust
  • Competitive pricing
Bad Things:
  • Big problems with warranty issues, Wiggle have been absolutely terrible and I'm trying to get a battery replaced amongst other things.
  • Rockshox Lyric Fork RC2 has had problems with suction on travel losing 10-15mm travel caused by blocked air transfer port in air side damper upper stanchion, too much grease (one to watch out for). Easily fixed if you are ok with servicing forks.
  • Wheels rims are not strong enough for really aggressive DH riding but suitable otherwise.
  • Already had to replace headset bearing.
  • Replaced upper suspension linkage bearings.
  • Replaced worn out XT rear derailleur
  • Replaced sensor cables due to wear
  • Poor finish inside the Aluminium frame i.e. quite a few sharp edges for cables to get cut or worn on easily.
  • Bottom bashguard...what a joke. Crap plastic thing which broke on first impact. Gone through three already. Tried Rockguardz carbon replacement but wasn't suitable so sent back.
Conclusion:
If you are ok with knowledge on fixing bikes then things should be ok apart from the electrical stuff like the motor, battery and computer (warranty job). If not, getting anything done by your retailer especially Wiggle will most likely be a very long and tedious affair (be warned the hell of buying a complete bike and not your own build).
I should say that I have put this bike through a very hard time in regards to riding terrain, it is after all supposed to be a full out enduro outfit...the Aluminium frame holds up very well indeed but the hardware and components bolted on will take a real beating and will need to be replaced more quickly than usual i.e. Chains, cassettes, brake pads, tyres and bearings. Regular maintenance of your suspension is crucial if you want to avoid real problems later. My advice is to carry a variety of spares in your toolbox just in case. There you have it.
Would I buy this bike again ?...tough 50/50, there are some great ebikes coming out now which are very competitively priced.
Anything you'd like to ask me about drop me a line.

Attachments

• Vitus 1.pdf
    287.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ohh E-Sommett how I have missed thee . . .

After 10 weeks of warranty madness I finally got to take her out for a proper ride, and boy have I missed her - in the interim I have ridden many bikes, from the new Whyte and Focus with the Bosch Gen 4 to the Levo and a few more, but this bike still rules the roost, nothing feels as light and playful, with the weight placed so well to enable you to rail the bike.

Now with an Ergon DH Saddle, and Galfer 223 rotor up front, the stopping power is almost frightening.

IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Glad to hear you've got it back !!!!!

Did you purposefully not line the Michelin text up with the wheel text ? It's just that both front and back are EXACTLY the same in relation to how the text doesn't line up ! I only ask as I did the same yesterday :) with the same not lining up, but both not lining up the same .... ?!?! (I'm sure there's a clearer way of writing that ... :) )

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Glad to hear you've got it back !!!!!

Did you purposefully not line the Michelin text up with the wheel text ? It's just that both front and back are EXACTLY the same in relation to how the text doesn't line up ! I only ask as I did the same yesterday :) with the same not lining up, but both not lining up the same .... ?!?! (I'm sure there's a clearer way of writing that ... :) )
Ha, I had never noticed that, I actually lined the N up with the valves

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Thanks R120, I saw that but think that we need a 220/disc and hanger for the 200 assy. otherwise it will be same isue as a 203 on a 200 assy.

One of the German sites have Sram centerline 220 discs but no hangers...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thanks R120, I saw that but think that we need a 220/disc and hanger for the 200 assy. otherwise it will be same isue as a 203 on a 200 assy.

One of the German sites have Sram centerline 220 discs but no hangers...
@kendo helped me with this - it works fine with my stock Guide RE's, though you have to push the pistons in when installing as the disc is 2mm thick. You may need to bleed the brake.

Last edited:

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast

After 10 weeks of warranty madness I finally got to take her out for a proper ride, and boy have I missed her - in the interim I have ridden many bikes, from the new Whyte and Focus with the Bosch Gen 4 to the Levo and a few more, but this bike still rules the roost, nothing feels as light and playful, with the weight placed so well to enable you to rail the bike.

Now with an Ergon DH Saddle, and Galfer 223 rotor up front, the stopping power is almost frightening.

View attachment 19929

View attachment 19930
Interesting you still rate the Vitus over the White, I was considering the 180 when it comes out next year.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I really like the Whyte, and its a fun bike to ride, but it still comes in at a kg or so more than the Vitus. What they have done with their battery/weight placement is really clever, it definitely makes the bike rail when combined with the geo. It was only really at low speed that I noticed the weight. I think the 180 will be something special, and I think the weight will matter less on that as for me on a shorter travel bike I want something lighter.

I was actually all set to buy the Whyte 150rs, but the battery is not easily removable (i.e not a quick pop it out job and you would end up leaving it in for charging imo) and that counted it out for me. Its the perfect bike for my local trails.

I really want to try the new Trek rail ( and I have never wanted to try Trek in my life!) because I think on paper it looks pretty special, has easily removable battery, some very sensible touches in terms of maintenance and day to day living with it such as the charging port, and apparently its pretty light

First ride review: 2020 Trek Rail 9.8 – the lightest Bosch equipped full-sus eMTB? | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles