Reign E+ 2022

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Did a 2,5h ride. -2 deg. Used 36% battery. 99% of the ride was in level 1 or 2.

my ant+ Worked a lot faster now. Maybe I hold it to close to the frame when I did my testing. Need to mount it to my handle bar next ride.

989AED85-1B2B-4038-B4F6-D80AF57D1535.jpeg
FCCD94A5-BAB0-4341-8CFF-0BB9C71421FD.jpeg

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Yah it’s whining but other stuff drowns it out. It’s not so loud that it is affecting my ride enjoyment. But who ever say emtb is good training is a F****** liar :D.
Hahaha...well ok then it's about the same here, only an annoying resonating sound is coming from mine in low gears(big cogs)....sounds like the alu frame is resonating at a specific cadence....Tightened down the battery and cover and lubed the drivetrain...will do a test video today to se if it fixed anything...

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
What does this mean? Is this max 60% mode? Instructions are absolute shit and led are unmarked. Red + small blinking green.

94314B9E-F51B-4387-AE17-1DB499764992.jpeg

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
Read something about water ingress on the reigns. Similar to tsu on specialized? Can someone explain it and how best to avoid it?

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
🖐

Hey everyone.

Did my second ride today.

Reign E +1 625Wh All Stock

1.49h
Average speed was 15,6km/h
95% Mode 1, 5% Mode 2
28,43 km
715m altitude gain
33% battery consumption(71% >>> 38%)
1st battery charge
Temperature 6°C

Today's ride was with a buddy that has the previous Reign with the PW-X 2 with a 500Wh battery and has a speed box(unlimited speed) in it. So he did 27,8km basically the same as me and for most of the ride used mode 1 except for the last 20min he used 3 and 4 for a fast getting home(at 44km/h). He burned 48% of the battery. The extra battery consumption is due to the speed box, otherwise it would be about the same...as he says if he pedals the same up to 25km/h the consumption is no higher.

So if we do a little calculating...theoretically with a fully charged battery in mode 1 it would be possible to do a 86km and 2166m vertical tour ride with the new Reign. Possibly a bit more in warmer temperatures. I will do more similar tests in other modes if I don't return the bike.

Also did check, did a video on motor/frame resonance noise issue I already mentioned before in this forum. After tightening the battery and cover it didn't get any better.

After constant climbing for about a half an hour it did quiet down a little bit, as if when the motor got warmer it was better.
But then again after descending and cooling it down it came back again...
It present mostly in the upper part of the cassette when pedaling/motor working. When I stop pedaling/motor stops running it goes away.
Also I noticed that the noise dimms a bit for a moment when going over curbs etc...

It doesn't affect the motor performance in any way, as the motor is really quiet, this noise makes unbearable for the ears...

Does anyone have the same issue?

What do you think should I go to Giant LBS with it?

I tested the ANT+ sensors Cadence,Speed Power on my Garmin Fenix 6X. Worked beautifully.
Average input power across all the ride was 62W.
Max average input power(20min) was 118W.
Average cadence was 59 rotations/min
Max cadence was 137 rotations/min
Didn't really check the speed.

I could easily maintain 26km/h without motor assistance...there is basically very little internal drag.

Attaching a link to the video:

Cheers

20220205_193945.jpg

20220205_193927.jpg

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Anyone else had a problem to reach the dropper lever?

62837A7D-B8EA-4A31-80DE-8CB62CD9E04C.jpeg

the breaks are so close to the remote as possible. They interfere on the other side. Gap between break clamp and remote is to small to have the lever clamp.

when I hold my normal grip my tum tip tuches the lever. Very bad ergonomic in other words.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
🖐

Hey everyone.

Did my second ride today.

Reign E +1 625Wh All Stock

1.49h
Average speed was 15,6km/h
95% Mode 1, 5% Mode 2
28,43 km
715m altitude gain
33% battery consumption(71% >>> 38%)
1st battery charge
Temperature 6°C

Today's ride was with a buddy that has the previous Reign with the PW-X 2 with a 500Wh battery and has a speed box(unlimited speed) in it. So he did 27,8km basically the same as me and for most of the ride used mode 1 except for the last 20min he used 3 and 4 for a fast getting home(at 44km/h). He burned 48% of the battery. The extra battery consumption is due to the speed box, otherwise it would be about the same...as he says if he pedals the same up to 25km/h the consumption is no higher.

So if we do a little calculating...theoretically with a fully charged battery in mode 1 it would be possible to do a 86km and 2166m vertical tour ride with the new Reign. Possibly a bit more in warmer temperatures. I will do more similar tests in other modes if I don't return the bike.

Also did check, did a video on motor/frame resonance noise issue I already mentioned before in this forum. After tightening the battery and cover it didn't get any better.

After constant climbing for about a half an hour it did quiet down a little bit, as if when the motor got warmer it was better.
But then again after descending and cooling it down it came back again...
It present mostly in the upper part of the cassette when pedaling/motor working. When I stop pedaling/motor stops running it goes away.
Also I noticed that the noise dimms a bit for a moment when going over curbs etc...

It doesn't affect the motor performance in any way, as the motor is really quiet, this noise makes unbearable for the ears...

Does anyone have the same issue?

What do you think should I go to Giant LBS with it?

I tested the ANT+ sensors Cadence,Speed Power on my Garmin Fenix 6X. Worked beautifully.
Average input power across all the ride was 62W.
Max average input power(20min) was 118W.
Average cadence was 59 rotations/min
Max cadence was 137 rotations/min
Didn't really check the speed.

I could easily maintain 26km/h without motor assistance...there is basically very little internal drag.

Attaching a link to the video:

Cheers

View attachment 81526

View attachment 81527

That doesn't sound nice. I would go to the shop with it.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
I was finding the 38s to be a bit harsh and after reading a few comments on here decided to check how many tokens are installed. And yep there was three. Riding at windhill bike a park tomorrow so going to drop to 1 token, hopefully that solves the problem. 🤞

1446FBB2-5AEF-4E17-8F22-996D526C68D7.jpeg

FC85C8AC-8341-4967-8682-5E29310D1967.jpeg

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
That doesn't sound nice. I would go to the shop with it.
goroncy will definitely will do that soon, just trying to get some insight into the situation...✌👍

Although it is not affecting motor power or function it's not something like a grinding noise, but as I said mora a resonance noise...either way I need to make the LBS aware about it👍

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
I was finding the 38s to be a bit harsh and after reading a few comments on here decided to check how many tokens are installed. And yep there was three. Riding at windhill bike a park tomorrow so going to drop to 1 token, hopefully that solves the problem. 🤞

View attachment 81530

View attachment 81531

it's unlikely you will notice a difference except on big impacts that use all travel. the 3 tokens that come stock are there to increase the progressive ramp up at the end of the stroke. sensitivity and 'harshness' are unrelated to the tokens.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
it's unlikely you will notice a difference except on big impacts that use all travel. the 3 tokens that come stock are there to increase the progressive ramp up at the end of the stroke. sensitivity and 'harshness' are unrelated to the tokens.
😔 well I’m stumped then, when I removed them from my factory 36s on my other bike I’m sure it did help. Maybe I’m just getting old and weak 🤣

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles
😔 well I’m stumped then, when I removed them from my factory 36s on my other bike I’m sure it did help. Maybe I’m just getting old and weak 🤣

I would agree with you, Tim. I took all four tokens out of my Fox 36s, and it was noticeably less harsh. There's a lot in between the extremes of full-travel big impact and small bump sensitivity stuff. Rider weight also makes a difference.

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC

have you reduced high speed compression to nearly open? and the right air spring, maybe slightly lower (depending on your needs and terrain of course). sometimes even slowing down rebound a bit can help. i have large hands so i also use the biggest, softest grips which helps a tonne. either Diety Supracush, or now trying some from SQ labs. of course it might be some issue with the fork itself but often it's set up. i'm very pleased with the 38 on mine and did little trial and error after the inital set up. once trails open up and speeds increase, some adjustments might be necessary.

Aug 20, 2021
Los Angeles

The progressive ramp up occurs more than just at the end of stroke. Granted, it's most pronounced at the end of stroke, but it will affect earlier and mid-stroke as well.

p4pb12323840.jpg

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Thanks for the input @jasperofpuppets and @jbv. Tomorrow’s the first time riding it at a bike park so I will have a much better idea. I already changed the grips to deity supracrush, great minds 🤣. I’m starting out with no tokens and will add them as I see necessary. I’ll also try out your suggestions regarding compression and rebound. To be fair I’ve always been rubbish at setting up suspension, it seems to be a bit of a dark art 🤣. I’ve also changed the pads in the guide brakes so hopefully that will make a difference, the old ones were so smooth when I took them out.
6A69E457-0BFF-4DC7-93BC-31BFA308F5B0.jpeg

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Thanks bro. ✌ Well in the first four gears it's quiet as a mouse...but then this is how it sounds in the upper half of the cassette...I am definitely going to the LBS...it has been like that since day 1.
Only a curiosity, did you try automatic mod? Same sound?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles