Need a new dropper post for 2019 Levo!

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi guys my wife has the medium size 2019 Levo Comp and the dropper post is so hard to push down so is there anything I can do to adjust it or do I replace it?

If so what with as I don't want to go mad as some of them are so expensive, I think it is 34.9mm diameter so anyone recommend one to get?

Thanks

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
OneUp Components makes a very nice seat post for $200. Get the wolf tooth easy action seat dropper for the seat post. My favorite is the Sram AXS seat post but it's quite a bit more.

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
PNW makes a really good post. I just installed one on my 2020 Levo to replace the crappy Specialized IRC that came on the bike. I have Fox Factory on my other bikes but much prefer the PNW with the Loam Lever. The best levers I have ever used!

B4E0ED25-F5CB-4E6F-A8A6-0672414B8565.jpeg

CA234762-307B-4C17-87E6-F1BD8D072317.png

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Hi guys my wife has the medium size 2019 Levo Comp and the dropper post is so hard to push down so is there anything I can do to adjust it or do I replace it?

If so what with as I don't want to go mad as some of them are so expensive, I think it is 34.9mm diameter so anyone recommend one to get?

Thanks
My X-fusion Manic does that on my 2020 Comp. User manual advises regular top seal servicing. Undo the threaded cap at the top of the lower tube, mine was really stiff and needed a plumbers wrench, I wrapped a piece of inner tube round it. clean the tube and especially the inside of the cap, there is an o ring that sometimes gets stuck inside the cap. Press some light grease, I use SRAM Butter, into the top of the bottom tube and cycle the post a few times. Reassemble.

Last edited:

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
PNW makes a really good post. I just installed one on my 2020 Levo to replace the crappy Specialized IRC that came on the bike. I have Fox Factory on my other bikes but much prefer the PNW with the Loam Lever. The best levers I have ever used!

View attachment 27471

View attachment 27472
Thanks for this, which post have you got as mine is 34.9mm diameter and I can't see one on their site at that diameter they are all less than that?

Andy

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You can also install posts with smaller diameter as is your seat tube diameter, but you need to use proper shim. Personally I like to avoid using shims.

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
Andy

The Bachelor post is 34.9. Also check out the Loam Dropper Lever. I was able to fit a 34.9mm by 170mm rise on my size large 2020 Levo expert. The post will go all the way down in the frame and yet with 170 mm rise I get really good extension for when I’m pedaling on the flats or up hills.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Andy

The Bachelor post is 34.9. Also check out the Loam Dropper Lever. I was able to fit a 34.9mm by 170mm rise on my size large 2020 Levo expert. The post will go all the way down in the frame and yet with 170 mm rise I get really good extension for when I’m pedaling on the flats or up hills.

Thanks for that but crikey that is an expensive post isn't it ??

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Anybody knows what is max travel dropper post which will fit in L-size frame (Levo 19/20 ALU)?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia

Thanks
If it’s a Specialized IRCC post.
Let the air out of it from the valve under the front of the seat.
Unscrew the seat post collar anticlockwise and slide up the post. This may require a rubber strap wrench to undo.
Pull up on seat and push the dropper lever at the same time. This will release the inner from the outer post.
Pull off all the o-rings, collars and brass key ways off the inner post. Do not remove the dust seal from the collar.
Clean everything and reinstall o-rings ect. Re-grease with rubber compatible grease, or ideally SRAM butter.
Wipe all grease from outer post and re-grease.
Insert inner post into outer post. Push down slightly whilst activating dropper leaver.
Refit collar and screw tight. This should be air tight.
Air up post to 15psi max and test. A digital shock pump is ideal to do this. You can adjust the pressure from 5-15psi to adjust the speed of the post.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
If it’s a Specialized IRCC post.
Let the air out of it from the valve under the front of the seat.
Unscrew the seat post collar anticlockwise and slide up the post. This may require a rubber strap wrench to undo.
Pull up on seat and push the dropper lever at the same time. This will release the inner from the outer post.
Pull off all the o-rings, collars and brass key ways off the inner post. Do not remove the dust seal from the collar.
Clean everything and reinstall o-rings ect. Re-grease with rubber compatible grease, or ideally SRAM butter.
Wipe all grease from outer post and re-grease.
Insert inner post into outer post. Push down slightly whilst activating dropper leaver.
Refit collar and screw tight. This should be air tight.
Air up post to 15psi max and test. A digital shock pump is ideal to do this. You can adjust the pressure from 5-15psi to adjust the speed of the post.
Wow thanks for that but is it easy enough to do as I am no mechanic ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Wow thanks for that but is it easy enough to do as I am no mechanic ?
Yeah it’s so easy. Just take photos as you take o rings ect off the inner shaft. And put everything in order on the bench.
I did do a thread on it once with pics on here. Will see if I can find it.
I have been known to service the post within 5 min before a ride ?

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Inspect the cable mechanism ,make sure there isn't a kink somewhere and get the post rebuilt if someone is available with abilities and experience fixing them. It's probably repairable .

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne

Thanks
You could get it serviced for £35 and it will be like new... X-Fusion Servicing - Upgrade Bikes

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK

Thanks
There is an updated seal for these 34.9 Command Posts. I too own a Levo Expert 2019 and had issues with mine, apparently air passes a seal and you get a negative air chamber. Approx 1 year ago I had was told about this by the suspension expert Juergen at Specialized UK in Chessington. He very kindly offered to service the post for me FOC and it's been perfect ever since, I still add a quick small spray of GT85 to the stanchion before heading other wise the head seal grips to much when it's dry and can this slow the return. I run 85 psi.
I now believe PLUSH are the service agent for the Command posts and they serviced a 30.9mm on my wifes Levo Carbon Comp 2018 last summer and thats been great too. Please note: these 30.9mm posts run at a much lower pressure... 18 psi is all you'll need in these and a light coat of GT85 on the stanchion before each ride. Despite what everyone says, I have love the command post and the fast speed it returns to full height. Use your weight to bring it up at a controlled speed if need be.
I would send it to PLUSH Suspension in UK. Book it in online, its approx £67 if I remember.

Last edited:

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
pretty sure the 2019 Comp (both alu and carbon) use Xfusion Manic so all this stuff about how to service Command posts is going to be rather confusing to the OP. I would suggest contacting Upgrade Bikes, the importer/distributor, as mentioned a couple of posts above.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
pretty sure the 2019 Comp (both alu and carbon) use Xfusion Manic so all this stuff about how to service Command posts is going to be rather confusing to the OP. I would suggest contacting Upgrade Bikes, the importer/distributor, as mentioned a couple of posts above.
Or give the upper seal a service as advised in the user manual and which I described at the beginning of this thread.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Or give the upper seal a service as advised in the user manual and which I described at the beginning of this thread.

Hi Kenny I will see if I have the user manual for it and hopefully a numpty like myself can do it without messing it up :)

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Yes, manual says you should regrease seal head every month, it's very easy 5 min job, so I wouldn't even call this a service job, but rather regular maintanence, like oiling the chain ... But even more important is to clean the seat post stanchion and outside of the seal head after EVERY ride ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles