Fitting dropper post to Turbo Levo FSR - how to get this bit off??

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
I’m trying to fit a dropper post and I think I need to get this black plastic cover off to route the dropper cable. There’s an Allen bolt which I’ve taken out but the cover still won’t come off - it’s like it’s plugged into the frame. Anyone help? Thanks!
BC15875C-135B-4EC8-BEB5-ADFD3DC599BB.jpeg

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
I’m trying to fit a dropper post and I think I need to get this black plastic cover off to route the dropper cable. There’s an Allen bolt which I’ve taken out but the cover still won’t come off - it’s like it’s plugged into the frame. Anyone help? Thanks!

Pretty sure the dropper cabling is meant to route through the downtube, around the motor then up the seattube. The kink in the cable will be too tight if you route through there.

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
Pretty sure the dropper cabling is meant to route through the downtube, around the motor then up the seattube. The kink in the cable will be too tight if you route through there.
Pretty sure the dropper cabling is meant to route through the downtube, around the motor then up the seattube. The kink in the cable will be too tight if you route through there.[/QUOT

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
It doesn’t - the battery is in the down tube. The manual shows it going through that part of the top tube.

Biaferon

Apr 28, 2019
Doncaster
Ive fitted my own, same bike. Start at the top tube and work your way down, thread out at the shock arm and back in and up the seat tube. That black cap just comes loose and will not come out. Personally just fit it at any free hole in the plastic cap it wont make any difference but it should be one of the top holes. Thread the cable through and fit the dropper. Pull back through the cable screw the cap back on.

Charlie149

Mar 16, 2019
Glasgow
Ive fitted my own, same bike. Start at the top tube and work your way down, thread out at the shock arm and back in and up the seat tube. That black cap just comes loose and will not come out. Personally just fit it at any free hole in the plastic cap it wont make any difference but it should be one of the top holes. Thread the cable through and fit the dropper. Pull back through the cable screw the cap back on.
Thanks very much. Can I ask whether you fitted a hydraulic or cable operated dropper? I’m fitting a RoxShox Reverb Stealth and just wondering if I’ll be able to get the barb through!

Davey S

Apr 9, 2019
Scotland
Definitely use some spray as when I did mine I got a bit forceful and almost pulled a cable out (ended up very tight). Also after you slide the plastic clamp back in make sure the cables are not too tight. If you take the motor cover off you can hold the cables while you pull the plastic clamp out.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I’m trying to fit a dropper post and I think I need to get this black plastic cover off to route the dropper cable. There’s an Allen bolt which I’ve taken out but the cover still won’t come off - it’s like it’s plugged into the frame. Anyone help? Thanks! View attachment 13305
Its a bit old thread and I persume you already found out why this cable clamp won't go off, but since it was not clearly mentioned in this thread someone might find this helpful: you cannot get this cable clamp off so easily, as is has has glued-in nyloh routing/protection hoses (for brake and dropper post hose) which goes inside the frame so when rerouting hoses you should only loosen this clamp:

1583058700799.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles