Loamlab Counterpunch Grips with Granite Stash Tools ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
With the Counterpunch grips I thought I wouldn't be able to use the Granite Stash tools anymore.

The Counterpunch grips clamp to the inside of the bar ends to stay solidly in place and the Granite Stash do the same, with an expanding rubber collar.

On mine, I had the Race face closed end grips, so the stash tools were installed using the small bar end covers so you can then slide the grip over the bar with the stash tools secured within the bar.

loamlab granite 1.jpg

The simple answer is YES .. The thread for the counter punch grips is the same as the thread for the Granite Stash and the Counterpunch bolt is long enough to screw the same length into the Stash tools as the original bolts.

Row 1 : Granite Stash parts.
Row 2 : Counterpunch bar end.
Row 3 : Unneeded parts.
Row 4 : Granite Stash + Counterpunch.

Loamlab Granite 2.jpg

Normally the nut for the Counterpunch is held in place by the cut out in one of the expanders. I found if you wound the Stash tool on three revolutions before you put it in the bars, there's just enough friction for the expanders to grip the inside of the bars without the Stash tool spinning as you tighten the Counterpunch up.

Loamlab Granite 3.jpg

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
That's very interesting. I had not seen that tool before, I will check it out.
I run a OneUp EDC, and this has me thinking of some way to make that do something similar.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Granite Stash seemed quite a good option for things you hope you won't use often. Once you have a key out, it only takes seconds to access them and at least you know you have them with the bike.

Was going to do a thread on all the "on bike" options, but haven't got round to it yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles