Heated grips?

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I have read the current thread about heated gloves and handguards. Both mention heated grips, but I think it might be worth its own discussion thread.

As temperatures around here falls below -5C, my Brisker gloves are unable to keep my fingers warm.

On my Gasgas petrol-endurobike, I use the same gloves, but I have heated grips. Or, to be more precise, heating elements under the grips. The elements are just a thin foil, something like this image I found on the net.:

Untitled.png

They are driven by 12V and I think they need approx 35W to run the pair. In my installation, I have a big resistor that I can switch in (in series) to reduce the power consumption. Hence, I have a "low heat" and a "max heat" setting.

Would this be feasible for our eMTBs? As long as there is a 12V output from the controller that's able to deliver enough power, I can't really see why not.
I have understood that my Bosch smart CX motor can supply (when so configured) some power on a 12V plug in addition to the lights, but I don't know how many ampere it can deliver.
Edit: It can deliver only 1 amp. 12W isn't enough for getting any usable heat, I presume.

Any experience to share?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles