What Grips to run?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
This is a bit like the which is best spds or flats, Sram or Shimano, Fox or Rockshox.......

What don't you like about them?
Too soft, too hard, no grip, too tacky, pins & needles........

I used to have pins & needles and general numbness. I know that this can be caused by poor bike fit, but I solved it years ago by using Ergon GP1 grips. They have a flatter teardrop shaped grip that spreads the load. Exact angle is crucial, but once correct, no more problems for me.
https://www.millets.co.uk/activitie...wWBAZvRRQ1VIqj1XVhkaArQTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
This is a bit like the which is best spds or flats, Sram or Shimano, Fox or Rockshox.......

What don't you like about them?
Too soft, too hard, no grip, too tacky, pins & needles........

I used to have pins & needles and general numbness. I know that this can be caused by poor bike fit, but I solved it years ago by using Ergon GP1 grips. They have a flatter teardrop shaped grip that spreads the load. Exact angle is crucial, but once correct, no more problems for me.
https://www.millets.co.uk/activitie...wWBAZvRRQ1VIqj1XVhkaArQTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yeah I know it’s a big ask but interested to see what others are using really I always got on with the Whyte standard ones bit softer but comfy and worn well compared with others the levo ones I just don’t like

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Just my 2 cents...

I prefer thin grips, but I always use gloves (they're no good without gloves). I only wear MEDIUM size gloves so my hands aren't all that big. When I tried thick grips, I just get arm pump quicker for some reason... maybe I subconsciously feel the need to be gripping harder.

I dislike the feeling of ribbed grips too, because I can feel the ribs wobble back and forth while I ride. So it's a very personal thing in the end.

You may just have to buy and try a few until you find the ones you like.

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Cheers all good to know what people are using! The Ergon keep popping up and very tempted to try some but looking at all the options really

Galion

Sep 20, 2019
Brazil
Look pretty smart, are they quite thick? How’s the wear on them?

Rogues are a bit thicker than stock Levo grips. The rubber is firm but still cushy for great comfort, very well built and super strong, they last forever, lock on end snap caps take hits unlike most other grip brands.
I am between M and L sized gloves and these grips fit me.

Last edited:

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
ODI Rogues for me, though I've been eyeing some Bontrager SE Elite's

Look pretty smart, are they quite thick? How’s the wear on them?

as per davarello post 33mm.. I found they don't fall apart in 2 minutes but have around 3 or 4 pairs I've collected over the years, but have only ever replaced one set. The rest admittely maybe well worn.. but my point is they do last well

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've got Raceface Half Nelson grips on mine, really grippy and comfortable. My Specialized HT had some grips (contour I think) similar to the Ergons on as standard but they gave me numb hands for some reason.

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
ESI grips come in 3 sizes (regular, chunky and xtra chunky). I like chunky. Cheap, absorb vibration, grippy even when wet. I’ve tried lots, I always go back to ESIs.

54B06929-1B3C-4935-83E8-A7A2F5FDC888.jpeg

4237B755-6C8B-4C0F-A562-673B9197C4C5.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles