Join Us! EMTB Forums December group ride, Afan Forest, Sunday 9th December

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hey kiwi.. Didn't get bpw? just didn't get up early enough... But did go here by accident.. Sort of.. After yesterday I was thinking about the suspension.. My route came within a mile so went for a visit.. Turns out I had way to much pressure in the forks so they sorted that and have recommended an upgrade kit that would put them on par with the dt swiss which I was shocked at.. Sorry for the pun.. Top guys at tft.. Got shown around a bit great bunch of guys.. Lots of ebike love there.. View attachment 8663

I am sure you will get to ride BPW at some stage dude,
Well done mate, they really are a great bunch at TF Tuned.
Good to meet you yesterday fellow Kiwi ;), let me know if you are ever near Brechfa and I will guide you around the local trails

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Hey all- I just wanted to shout out a big thanks for a great ride, great company, great location and I learned absolutely loads. Thanks to Neil and Rhys for the local knowledge and Rob for making it happen and keeping an eye on me when I looked a bit sketchy - I am pleased I managed to stay in the saddle, well... most of the time :).
Really looking forward to the next rideout and I am kinda pleased with my bike as well- it aint my 'forever' machine but it held up really well and it's suitable for my skill level right now. So I should thank my LBS for the cheap long term hire of a 29" wheel up front- absolutely transformed the way the bike handles. So thanks to MB Cyclery in Haslemere :)
Hope to see you all soon!

Wayne Barker

Dec 3, 2018
Bath
Hi.
I'm riding the w2 tomorrow. Is it possible to complete this with one 5oow battery for my shimano e8000 or will I need a quick charge in the cafe. Happy to use eco all the way around to make it stretch.
Thanks
Wayne

happyarthur1979

Oct 5, 2018
Bridgend, South Wales
Hi.
I'm riding the w2 tomorrow. Is it possible to complete this with one 5oow battery for my shimano e8000 or will I need a quick charge in the cafe. Happy to use eco all the way around to make it stretch.
Thanks
Wayne
You'll be fine on one battery bud. I ride it regularly on my Kenevo.
Usually in Eco except for the nasty second climb (out of Glyncorrwg) where I'm in Trail and usually finish with around 15% battery left.
Have fun??

HateClimbs

Nov 3, 2018
Cardiff
Hi.
Thanks
Wayne
No problem on a 500Wh. Usually do W2 an another trail (Blade or Penhydd) and still have battery left at the end. Just enjoy. Should be there as well tomorrow

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles