Hitch bike rack for 2019 Levo?

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
I just ordered a XL 2019 Expert but my current old school strap on trunk mount rack will not work. I have an older sedan and I’m thinking that I will have to install a hitch and use a hitch mounted rack. The XL wheelbase is almost 50” and most the standard wheel clamp racks are for bikes up to 48” wheelbase.
Does anyone have an XL and/or any suggestions on a good way to haul a 2019 Levo using a sedan? Thanks!

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Hi Casey,
I use a Kuat Sherpa for my medium sized Levo. I love the rack and checked to see if they offer one that'll fit your bike but it turns out they don't :(

However 1Up does! 2″ Super Duty Single – 1UP USA | OFFICIAL SITE

Tim

Thanks Tim! That one looks like it will work great and it’s about half the price of the Thule fold up one I was considering. This one also looks like it would work with front and rear Mudhugger’s on the bike too.

I got a RockyMounts MonoRail Solo Platform Hitch from Backcountry for my Large Levo. It fits perfect so it may fit an Extra large also as it seems to have adjustment.
Outdoor Gear & Clothing | Outdoor Online Shop | Alpinetrek.co.uk

31B81C49-12EA-47BE-B651-4C826203C45D.jpg

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
I have had 4 different top of the line racks. The one up usa is by far the best rack available. It is light and easy to remove and put on, personally mine stays on their and only pull it off if I am going to run thru the car wash. nothing touches your bike or rims just the rubber tires. Your local bike shop will not even mention them because the only way to get them is direct from the company

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Does anyone have a small frame Levo Comp and a Thule Easyfold XT?

I just bought the Thule and couldn’t for the life for me get the arm to fit anywhere on the frame. I found that the clamp wouldn’t close enough onto the frame.

heartbroken - I’m away for 4 days and my new Levo is at home(n):cry: as I had no confidence it was mounted correctly!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland

I just bought the Thule and couldn’t for the life for me get the arm to fit anywhere on the frame. I found that the clamp wouldn’t close enough onto the frame.

heartbroken - I’m away for 4 days and my new Levo is at home(n):cry: as I had no confidence it was mounted correctly!
Works fine with S3 Kenovo, Small Levo and normal mtb. I have EasyFold XT 3

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Works fine with S3 Kenovo, Small Levo and normal mtb. I have EasyFold XT 3

where on the rack do you put the small Levo? And what part of the frame do you clamp it too?

On the small there’s very little real estate on the frame and closest to the car with the shortest clamp -we just couldn’t get it to connect or tighten it if we did manage to get it on the frame.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I just ordered a XL 2019 Expert but my current old school strap on trunk mount rack will not work. I have an older sedan and I’m thinking that I will have to install a hitch and use a hitch mounted rack. The XL wheelbase is almost 50” and most the standard wheel clamp racks are for bikes up to 48” wheelbase.
Does anyone have an XL and/or any suggestions on a good way to haul a 2019 Levo using a sedan? Thanks!
E94A9CD4-CB2C-4757-867F-5E68A8D2DB12.jpeg

I use a Kuat NV 2.0 for my large Kenevo.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
where on the rack do you put the small Levo? And what part of the frame do you clamp it too?

On the small there’s very little real estate on the frame and closest to the car with the shortest clamp -we just couldn’t get it to connect or tighten it if we did manage to get it on the frame.
The smallest frame is closest to the car and I put it on its seat tube

Lawsoc

Apr 27, 2021
U.K

Hi did you manage as I also have a small Levo and I’m also struggling

kuyawil

Oct 12, 2020
California
I have the T2 Classic and I think it would be another good option to look at. I have yet to get an e-bike of my own, but I’ve transported my friends’ Levos without any issues at all. Just more food for thought.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles