Bike Rack Mount Options

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Having just bought my new 2019 Comp Carbon, I've stumbled on my first major issue - how to transport it.

I only have one car with the rack linked below; the issue now is how to get the bike onto it. I've checked with the manufacturer and it has a weight capacity of the rack is32kg. I weighed the bike this morning and it's 21.6kg so no problems there (and I could take the battery out and reduce it further).

The issue is whether hook the bike onto the rack directly, or use a cross bar. both methods have potential issues:

Each arm of the rack is height adjustable separately, so I could get it reasonably level, but would it be okay to hang the carbon frame at 2 points without damage? Well secured and protected at the contact points.

The alternative would be to get beam bar to connect the stem and seat post below the saddle. Would this method be safe to use with the dropper post and the weight of the front end under the stem?

Rack:
Porsche Boxster Bike Racks, Luggaage Racks, Ski Snowboard Racks

Beam
Bike Beam

It would be interesting to hear your opinions as I'm totally confused and dying to get to some trails.

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles