Hello from Wiltshire

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
Recent knee injury has meant i had to stop cycling a normal bike so cross fingers an assisted bike is going to make the difference. I ordered a E-Sommet VR from Wiggle but things haven't got off to the best start as they supplied the non VR version! A word of warning - its clear that the Wiggle / CRC Vitus bikes are great value but you might face a LOT of hassle as their Customer Services suck. I'm retired so have time to wade through the treacle but if you are busy working you might want to look elsewhere

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Welcome!

Yeah, I like the look of several direct bikes - Vitus, Commencal, YT - but I promised myself I'd buy my next ebike from a shop, just for the support... Even Evans is a better choice for me as at least (for now) there's a store up the road in Bristol.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Welcome to the group. It will certainly make it much easier on the knees. I took out a customer with the same bike last week. Great bike, he's not had any problems (yet).
20190406_113604.jpg

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Hi from a nearly newbie. If you are looking to purchase in Bristol I have purchased my two Cubes from the Specialized Concept Store at Eastgate near Ikea they obviously do both makes. When I had my stroke and decided to get my first Cube(hardtail) they put up with my beginners dopey questions and were generally very helpful and patient. Servicing and a motor change were done with out quibble, the motor after 2.5k miles.
When I decided to upgrade to a full sus bike I went back and again asked loads of questions of different sales people and finally decided on a Cube 160sl . I must say that I am limited by not being able to drive anymore to Eastgate or the Giant store at Bradley Stoke very impressed with the staff at the store and I nearly settled on a Giant.
Also in Bristol is Cycle Republic very near Evans, both Evans and CR do not carry a great many Ebikes so it is a case of looking on line and having it delivered to the store.
Good luck with your quest although some makes and sizes will be in very short supply.

AdrianWindo

Apr 14, 2019
UK
Many thanks for your advice - i will be going to a bricks and mortar outlet rather than online in future. My first challenge is getting a refund from Wiggle!

Carrot Cruncher

Mar 25, 2019
South Glos.
I purchased my Giant Trance from Giant Store Bristol and can confirm they were fantastic unlike several other stores around Bristol who were just interested in a quick sell and not helpful in the slightest. If you phone ahead they can usually sort out a test bike or two for you to have a blast on although very limited terrain around the store.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles